New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New to Forums. I wanted to say hello!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 02:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default New to Forums. I wanted to say hello!!

I have a Gen 6 2020 LT with only 3.6k that I bought April. It was a steal at $26k!
I have done all the big stuff to convert it to an RS clone, but it started life as a Riverside Blue 3.6 liter with the 6 Speed Tremec 3130 manual.
I tinted the Windows, added a sealed Pioneer powered subwoofer (TS-WX1210A).
The the first major project was to install an eBay sourced genuine SS style spoiler that matched my color. I know it was from a junkyard, but it was pristine! The shop I work with drilled holes and installed it. I also had all the tailights swapped out from red to black SS units, and I chsnged the 3rd brake light from red to black also. I invested into a 4 nwheel Bilstein adjustable coilover B16 kit installed which is totally awesome, and I have the correct Chevrolet Brembos already at the shop ready to install. The last part is insane. I bought a 19950 Edelbrock supercharger!. Basically. I don't make enough money to afford to buy an SS or an RS. I have to build it with junkyard parts, a few tricks to get gloss black wheelz ...but every paycheck I buy a part or pay it off the next month. So I the Supercharger gives me 100 rwhp! And it has a 3 year 36 mile warranty. It is on backorder as Edelbrock moved from Torrence CA to Olive Branch Mississippi. Thus the back order status. Honestly, I love it just the way it is now. Doing it this way gives me a $50,000 car for $35,000!!

She looks so beautiful. You should see it after I wash and buff it. It is exactly how I wanted it. I love it. 👍. It has taken me months to convert everything.

Rear tailights now black. Saving stock units.

This the Supercharger I bought. Basically it is $5500 complete plus $1500 to install.

This is obviously how the black SS tailights look at night.

replaced all of the taillights

Old 09-09-2021, 02:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the club! Thanks for joining us. Tons of great info here and full of good people that are more than happy to share their knowledge. Enjoy your time here!

Old 09-09-2021, 05:41 AM
4th Gear Member

Welcome

Old 09-28-2021, 09:42 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Thank You!

Have any of you guys grown just a bit weary of Edelbrock?
1: I understand that they moved their headquarters across the country. The labor cost and the taxes pushed them out.. I get it.
2: However, all of their foundries are up and running. So, I purchased my Edelbrock E Force V6 Supercharger in July. I couldn't even buy it from Edelbrock. I bought it from Jegs. I am willing to wait, but I am not willing to have Edelbrock put out a ship date like "shipping to begin 10/09/21 depending on parts availability".
3: I have seen this before. I wonder what B.S. date I will hear next??!! But; I am in this for the long haul......
4: So to us loyal customers, Edelbrock...we all have big boy cars and big boy pants.
5: Please give me/us the REAL EFFING DATE YOU WILL START SHIPPING. THATS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO TO ALL YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS.
Sorry. It's no fun paying for something that I have no idea will ever show up. If you guys have other traditional supercharger ideas....I am listening. But Prochargers are illegal in VA. Actually, I really want that black block with the traditional belt drive and the whine that comes with it. THATS WHAT I WANT. 385 RW HP AND 375 RWTQ. THIS translates to about 450 hp and 435 lb ft. The torque and HP will all be up high. But hey....I'm sure I will be happy. For a few months at least!!! Car guys and gals..we just have it in our blood.

Just bought it in April 2020; but made pre-covid (8/19). Bilsteins keep her planted. There is all kinds of goodies on Maxine (I got the 'Car' and all the dots off underneath the carmax logo). As an Omage to Mad Max and her name, it seemed heaven sent. Or stupid. Who cares. I LIKE IT! Her name is Max.

Thanks
Camarochris

Last edited by CamroChris; 09-28-2021 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 09-29-2021, 05:40 AM
4th Gear Member

Many things are on backorder since covid and there's also a truck driver shortage going on,warehouse help shortage as well.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Edelbrock problems and such....

Originally Posted by Y2Keglide
Many things are on backorder since covid and there's also a truck driver shortage going on,warehouse help shortage as well.
I didn't know about the truck driver shortage. And since I paid $129 for freight to my installer. Then, this is surely part of the problem. I know getting all the parts together from all over the US; and probably some from Canada that are just right for the kit have to all be coordinated. That and moving to the heat and humidity 😳 of the deep South, their move must have been HE double LL. Maybe it is a good thing in a way.
I live 76 miles from Summit Raceway, and I sorely need to get a refresh on RWD handling, how my skills are with a stick, and hope that the coilovers and end link geometry is dialed in BEFORE I add 100 more hp and 80 or so lbft. My mother offered out of the blue to pay for the whole thing if I get her condo wiring fixed. DONE DEAL!

This splitter, the rear diffuser, and SS wing gave me a good poser package. But after the Bilsteins were installed she was a whole new animal. Its aggressive but without stripes all over it. I like the color! (But I did consider some). No offense!! I like all pony cars.

This is before the Bilsteins. The wheel isnt even centered in the well. Attention LT owners. Bilstein B-14 coilovers + BMR ELK-016 front end links = fun. (There is a 4 wheel kit called the BMR 015). I researched it. It costs the same to buy it all together or just front then rear.

MAX is hungry for air and ⛽ and 🔥!

Lastly. I am 50 years old, empty nester, 2 grown girls and a widower. To drive at Summit is a dream come true👍. Now is the time for a long overdue long weekend Vacation.
Thank you for your hospitality and tolerating me. Any advice is welcomed.

Last edited by CamroChris; 09-30-2021 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:10 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CamroChris
I didn't know about the truck driver shortage.

Lastly. I am 50 years old, empty nester, 2 grown girls and a widower. To drive at Summit is a dream come true👍. Now is the time for a long overdue long weekend Vacation.
Thank you for your hospitality and tolerating me. Any advice is welcomed.
Well don't feel too bad,some idiot backed into my new Harley back in May and I finally got the money out of his insurance in August after getting surveillance video from a store camera to prove it was his fault. Then I got the Harley dealer to finally order the parts and as of today still waiting on one piece that's on backorder. Gahh!
Wish I was only 50 again,tomorrow 10/01/2021 is my 65th b-day.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:13 PM

10/01/2021 is my 65th b-day.

Happy Birthday!!!

Beautiful ride CamaroChris!! The color combo with the blue and the black wheels looks sinister..
I’ve also been waiting on parts, either it’s covid or shortage of drivers. My favorite is the gal who I ordered fenders for my Chevelle from, who then quit that afternoon and never placed my order…then they went on back order. 3 months later I got my fenders. Could always be worse 😊

Old 10-01-2021, 06:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Happy birthday bro! It is ironic that our skills..

Improve with age and our instincts are better, and we are less likely to say f**k *t and put the pedal to the floor when the tarmac won't take any more power and we're out of skills....and end up hurting others or ourselves. It's wisdom. I don't have it yet, but I have one chance to be schooled on driving, not tearing up my car, and having fun without having to race every dude in a Mustang. I can't see out of my car well, it is hard for me to be patient, and I love to race. From BMX when I was 12 to dirt bikes when I e onwas 13 to slow and heavy Novas, Mustangs, and everything else in 1985. The one car I loved was my 87 Z24 Cavalier with the 145hp 2.8 liter 90° V6 Multi-Point Fuel injected 2700 lb car. It had the digi-dash and a **** 5 speed box that my gifted BFF (Now works for Tesla) welded up because they were Chinese and just never would line up 100%. But at 18 years old it was the first car I ever financed, and the first I drove that was PROPERLY QUICK. It was light, had BAD BRAKES, but I worked my *** off selling electronics.to pay it off. I wanted a V8 Camaro. But in life you have to work with what you are given. (I would buy a survivor in a hot second). Mine was red with hood scoops, had rocker extensions that looked like flames and Z-24 printed in there. The whole bit. The digi-dash and the Knight Ryder generation in me meshed perfectly. I have wanted the real thing ever since. Now I have it, and I don't want to tear it up like my Z24. I wish I never sold that car. So I couldn't afford a SS in good shape. Again, I am working with what I got. I just can't WAIT for that 15995 E- Force Edelbrock Supercharger. But the lord works in mysterious ways. I will get it when I am deemed ready. I truly believe that.

Last edited by CamroChris; 10-01-2021 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to C.F. Nice looking car, I like the blue color.

Quick Reply: New to Forums. I wanted to say hello!!