LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

need a little info

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Default need a little info

Hey im pretty new to the site, been reading around.

but heres what i want to ask, i have a 95 z28 the motor is out of a 97 vet.

um i have all the bolt on stuff like kooks headers, k&n intake, 373 gears, k&n injectors, shift kit, port and polish job,

i wanna move to cam, push rods, lifters, spings, rockers and ect.

I been looking around comp cam and i really want to find a package instead of pc. everything together i dont wanna leave anything out like bearings or somthing.

anyone know of a package or packages on any site..

anykind of help would be great thanks

Old 04-03-2009, 06:31 PM

Been looking around for the lt4 upgrade
can somone post the link or let me know what the specs are

also have been thinking of maybe just saving up and getting a 383 stroker motor..

say one online for 5g

Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

start reading guys. i spent three days on here, well the better part of three days reading on hear before i made a post and learned alot. heads cams etc theres elliotts port works, tpis, paws and of coarse the standbys summit and jegs. theres more i just cant remember. dont want to overwork that last brain cell. haha. have fun.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default hot cam

the LT4 kit is a good start the rockers and springs will make it easier to change to an after market cam later. i bought the kit for my first rebuild but I have ran out of money and have not finished it so for performance i can't realy say.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Overdrive Member

First off the 1997 Corvette was the first year for the LS1, I'm assuming you have an LT1 if you're thinking about the "LT4 kit." That said, the LT4 kit is a decent setup, but it's expensive for the power increase you get. You'll hear most of us recommend a head/cam package because it's best to have the cam matched to the compression ratio, flow rate of the heads etc. and when you get a complete head/cam package they have all that important stuff factored in. You can make decent power if you do it yourself, but you have a lot of cam choices to go through and a lot of calculating to get a cam that's truly the "best cam" for your application and choice of heads (and you'll probably end up spending more money this way as well, for sure more time). I hear great things about Lloyd Elliott, he ports/polishes the stock heads, puts in new valves, grind cams etc. for the LT series motors. You can check out his website at www.elliottsportworks.com and see what he has to offer. Dragon Race Engineering is a little less known around the internet for LT1 stuff, but they get great numbers out of their setups as well (they're local to me, I've talked to Pete (owner) before and they get great numbers out of their setups as well). You can check them out at www.dragonrace.com although they don't have their LT1 stuff listed, Pete will be more than happy to talk to you about what he can do. He also offers mail-order tunes for his setups, which is a plus. No matter who you go with you're going to want to upgrade to a full roller-rocker setup, they'll handle the higher lift on the cam better and you theoretically will be able to push the redline a little farther, although you may not need to. Depending on what kind of power you want you may have to go for larger fuel injectors (33# should be enough for most applications) as well as port your intake manifold and get a 58mm throttle body (once again, this is if you're shooting for 350+ RWHP). Hope that at least gives you some ideas of what to look into!