LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011 | 12:31 PM
2nd Gear member

I want to go to the autobahn sooooo bad.

Old 01-07-2011 | 12:52 PM
Overdrive Member

When I worked for Pontiac we had a guy bring his Firebird in with a complaint that it shuddered on the freeway... The service writer figured it was an ignition issue or somethign similar so she sent it to me (light line tech) and I took the car out and got it to about 70 ish and no shuddering... returned the car, told my boss and he said just change the plugs anyway just in case. did that made a few $$$ and sent the car home. The next day, car came back same problem... Grrr (go backs I dont get paid for) I could not get the car to do it again. This time a master tech took the car out... No shuddering... Called the owner about the isssue...

"yea it runs fine untill you hit 125 or so then it seems to miss and shudder, I cant get the car to go any faster!"

We flagged that car in the GM database for abuse and the warranty was voided on the powertrain.

Massey

Old 01-08-2011 | 05:46 AM
|
In the Staging Lanes

i've had it up to 150 before the tune and it was fine but ever since its just not right. but im going to replace the o2's and see where that takes me.

Old 02-03-2011 | 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Massey
When I worked for Pontiac we had a guy bring his Firebird in with a complaint that it shuddered on the freeway... The service writer figured it was an ignition issue or somethign similar so she sent it to me (light line tech) and I took the car out and got it to about 70 ish and no shuddering... returned the car, told my boss and he said just change the plugs anyway just in case. did that made a few $$$ and sent the car home. The next day, car came back same problem... Grrr (go backs I dont get paid for) I could not get the car to do it again. This time a master tech took the car out... No shuddering... Called the owner about the isssue...

"yea it runs fine untill you hit 125 or so then it seems to miss and shudder, I cant get the car to go any faster!"

We flagged that car in the GM database for abuse and the warranty was voided on the powertrain.

Massey
You guys sure he didn't have low rated stock tires? Fuel cutoff?

Old 02-03-2011 | 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Massey

Massey

That's abuse? So chevy warranty doesn't cover cars they sold outside of the states like Germany where you can legally drive that fast? Seems harsh IMO

Sweet 100 posts 1st gear baby...small potatoes to most I know I know