LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:10 AM
1st Gear Member

It just got bigger....that's what happens huh? So I start seeing a little rust at front edge of T-top......

Last minute decision: Restore the OEM SS wheels in black n blue.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:41 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by adamcc91
it sounds like youre saying every SS on the road is slp modified
because they are

Old 02-28-2010, 06:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by whammer3024
because they are

That's what I've always been told also.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:18 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Raingler
Isnt this the case for fourth gens?

im pretty that gm produced the SS but Slp took a few SS and made special models to be slp modified and those cars that did come from slp would have a badge there. Not saying that every car with an slp badge is an actually slp or anything. But im pretty sure that Gm made SS but Slp made some slp models..ive heard they have near 400hp from the slp factory and i know that most ss have about 325 from GM

Old 03-01-2010, 07:39 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i'm pretty sure you're wrong. every SS was modified by SLP to get the hood and spoiler an the intake system, and then whatever other options the car was ordered with

Old 03-01-2010, 05:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I can see this thread spinning wildly outta control now!

So, here's the progress as of today.
wheels getting smoothed out, some minor dings getting pulled and massaged, RUST repair on A pillar. Luckily what was visible was all there was... (sigh of relief) gonna gut it all out and fill with metal and lucky me get to buy a new windshield. Oh well, it was original and will look better with the new paint work. I understand my SS decals will be here in a few days. I'm thinking I may install the decals myself after getting a quote of $225 (more than the decal itself!) to lay it down. More in a few days.

Attached Thumbnails going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssfront.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssquarterpanel.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sswheel.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sswindshield-rust.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssbrake.jpg  

Last edited by Raingler; 03-01-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default almost there!

windshield goes in tomorrow and final buffing and finish work. Decals I'll be applying Saturday and then it will be looking like it runs and sounds (least on the outside!)
I tried the nutcovers in blue shown in the one pic but decided to black them. I'll apply the SS senters which are black with blue trim and see how it looks in the daylight.

Attached Thumbnails going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssblackwheel.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssblackwheelbluenutidea.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sslighttrimpaint.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssquarterpanelafter.jpg  
Old 03-05-2010, 07:14 AM
3rd Gear Member

nice looking motor, good work on the panels and stuff dude

keep us updated on the progress, also did you sort out the 'vacuum leak' problem on the engine??

Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Kewl, thanks for asking, and the comments.
Picked it up outta body shop today and it looks pretty stealthy for sure with the wheels and painting the faded black sections, handles etc. I installed the SS emblems on the wheels and fenders and tail and the CAMARO script in blue. Tomorrow I tackle installing the SS stripes and the headlight set up I've got sitting here.
got all the codes fixed but some random missfire that happens once a week or so under heavy acceleration. My buddy with the reader says it needs to have a dealership code scanner put on it to dig into it further but I haven't pursued it much yet.

Attached Thumbnails going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssbluescript.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96ssrearviewprestripes.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sswindshieldrepair2.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sswheelwss.jpg   going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sswheelwssrear.jpg  

Old 03-05-2010, 08:39 PM
1st Gear Member

test fitting some DOT legal lights, they should be able to fit as stockers. Also doing some blue glass driving lights. Too much blue perhaps?

Attached Thumbnails going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-96sslitetestfit.jpg  

Quick Reply: going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?