LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

All SS Camaros start out as Z28's and were then sent out to SLP for modification.

Congrats on your SS. Welcome to the SLP Club.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Default going to look at an SS tomorrow any advice

are there any articles or posts on here that talk about places to train and their pros and cons and all that???

Old 11-12-2009, 06:55 AM
1st Gear Member

You mean like tech schools? I've known some great techs out of Wyotech.

My SLP Bilsteins should be in today! It will be so much better with new shocks, front end stuff and an alignment after nearlyy 160k! Lol

Old 11-20-2009, 07:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Just an update. Shocks in alignment done (toe was .57 out!). Drives and handles much better. Looking at the bumpstops for 17" wheels at hanks next as mine are only metal plates.
Think I'm just gonne do the minor body work and keep her white but add some stripes. Think the hockey sticks are too much for the sides? I'm still debating coating the wheels versus some new ones. Not sure what work it would be to get 20" wheels on it yet.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 PM

2002 Camaro Z28, 35th Anniversary Edition...battery is dead and needs replacing...needs new fuel pump/will NOT crank and run without these repairs...Automatic transmission...AM/FM w/CD Radio...AC...Interior - black&Gray/cloth & vinyl seats...White exterior...no cracked glass...good tires...few scratches and dings from removal of decals...replaced due to age and size...with police SEO package and several other packages...see photo of placard on door jamb. THE SS PLACARDS ON THE SIDE ARE INDICATIVE OF THE SEO PACKAGE...THIS IS INDEED A Z28 35TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION...USED A TRAFFIC CAR IN POLICE..CITY WAS ORIGINAL OWNER. MAINTAINED EVERY 4000 MILES. TRANSMISSION REPLACED AT 36400 MILES

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDispl...169&acctID=652

Old 02-18-2010, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Just got some new Falkens on it today and set to go into paint next week. SS stripes and emblems ordered should be here about the time it gets outta paint!
I'm gonna go for a dark metal flake gun metal grey on the wheels with new black and blue center SS'. I *think it should look "*****in" (yeah everyone calls it the "*****in' Camaro" after the tune here!

I'm gonna try to have the small wear on the leather seats patched (anyone had success w/ this?) and then all that's really left is the cracked dash and window switch panels.... I'm about to gorilla snot them down. Any better ideas?

Coming up soon; have a few little tweaks in the garage waiting to go on when it's back for some uniqueness. I'll show them after their on and painted though (just in case!)

Just confirmed today: it's being used for a Hot Cars and Girls photo shoot in mid March... you won't want to miss

Attached Thumbnails going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?-falken.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 09:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Look forward to seeing it once you get it all finished .

Old 02-28-2010, 07:23 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Raingler
Sold for $4350! I'm the owner of a SS. Let the emptying of the wallet begin! Lol, thanks for the input here and the threads here I studied. Will keep the progress and updates coming.

nice i baught my 98 ss for 4500 from a guy who knew nothing about cars..came with headers, cam, and borla exhuast. unfortunatly the driver side window motor was burnt out...that was a headache to replace but now its all good enjoy your new toy

Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS
All SS Camaros start out as Z28's and were then sent out to SLP for modification.

Congrats on your SS. Welcome to the SLP Club.

it sounds like youre saying every SS on the road is slp modified

Old 02-28-2010, 09:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by adamcc91
it sounds like youre saying every SS on the road is slp modified
Isnt this the case for fourth gens?

Quick Reply: going to look at an SS tomorrow, any advice?