LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Dura Lube

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Dura Lube

Has anybody heard or used of DuraLube advanced fuel systems treatment? Is it any good and does it have any bad side effects?

Old 03-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

No, I have'nt tried it. It is already added to the gasohol. Along with other chemicals while we undergo their chemical enginiering project using us as gienie pigs! You don't need to put anything in it!

Old 03-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Droid

Almost as useful as a turbinator, and magnets on your fuel line.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
1st Gear Member

so its junk

Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 PM
2nd Gear member

works great on canker sores

Old 05-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Default I'll be the first positive on this question

1983 Nissan 720, One summer many years ago I was towing my bass boat home from a local lake at the bottom of a mountain. The temp outside was in the upper 90"s.

Just as I was starting up the first of many steep inclines getting outa there, I heard a pop and the oil smoke was pluming out of the engine bay. Instantly the check oil light came on.

I got out and popped the hood, after about 10 minutes I found the source of the leak. The timing cover disintegrated at the crank seal. It was so bad I could clearly see the chain.

I was for the most part stranded. Nobody else was at the lake, no houses for miles and no phone but I did have duralube. I fired it up and decided to go for broke. I drove four miles to the top and 20 more miles to my house the engine was rattling like crazy because there was no oil left in the engine to cushin the moving parts.

The temp guage never moved from normal op temp about 180. It used to run 10 degrees warmer before I added duralube. Well, I made it into my driveway and shut the engine off. I thought to myself, it's probably locked up now. I couldn't have been more wrong,I turned the key and it fired right up.

I decided to tear the engine down to see how much damage had been done, I was amazed to find no engine wear at all. The cylinder walls were clean, the cam and crank bearings were un-scorched everything looked perfect. I decided to put it back together as-is.

I went to the junk yard and got a timing cover then stopped at napa for gaskets and oil and AF. The next weekend I had it back on the road and drove it for another 3 years, to work,hunting, some 4 wheeling and pulling the boat. I got rid of it to a friend for his 91 bronco. he knew the history and seen with his own eyes the power of duralube. From that experiance foward, I have treated everything I own that runs on gas with DL.

True Story

That is all

Old 05-15-2010, 12:26 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by DADZ28
1983 Nissan 720, One summer many years ago I was towing my bass boat home from a local lake at the bottom of a mountain. The temp outside was in the upper 90"s.

Just as I was starting up the first of many steep inclines getting outa there, I heard a pop and the oil smoke was pluming out of the engine bay. Instantly the check oil light came on.

I got out and popped the hood, after about 10 minutes I found the source of the leak. The timing cover disintegrated at the crank seal. It was so bad I could clearly see the chain.

I was for the most part stranded. Nobody else was at the lake, no houses for miles and no phone but I did have duralube. I fired it up and decided to go for broke. I drove four miles to the top and 20 more miles to my house the engine was rattling like crazy because there was no oil left in the engine to cushin the moving parts.

The temp guage never moved from normal op temp about 180. It used to run 10 degrees warmer before I added duralube. Well, I made it into my driveway and shut the engine off. I thought to myself, it's probably locked up now. I couldn't have been more wrong,I turned the key and it fired right up.

I decided to tear the engine down to see how much damage had been done, I was amazed to find no engine wear at all. The cylinder walls were clean, the cam and crank bearings were un-scorched everything looked perfect. I decided to put it back together as-is.

I went to the junk yard and got a timing cover then stopped at napa for gaskets and oil and AF. The next weekend I had it back on the road and drove it for another 3 years, to work,hunting, some 4 wheeling and pulling the boat. I got rid of it to a friend for his 91 bronco. he knew the history and seen with his own eyes the power of duralube. From that experiance foward, I have treated everything I own that runs on gas with DL.

True Story

That is all
lol they should make that into a commercial for the stuff lol you sound like a salesman for duralube

Old 05-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Nope, not a salesman. Duralube is the only explanation I have for that engine not locking up. I never used premium motor oil in that old truck. I put whatever was cheap, from quakerstate to sheetz brand.