LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Advice on Ls1

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Default Advice on Ls1

So im planning on buying a new Camaro at the end of winter... I've heard a lot of things on how the 01' and 02' Camaros got Ls6 intakes. But I've also heard the 01's got Smaller cams. and the 02's were built poorly. I've heard a lot of things. I've done some research and yes the Ls6 intakes were on the 01' and 02' camaros. I dont know about 00's but the smaller cam thing gets me.

Can someone tell me which would be a better buy? a 00' or 01' or 02'?

Plus would going all SLP after-market parts be a good thing? I planned on getting SLP full exhaust to make it scream going down the road and showing the ricers up with the fart cans. and also getting a 6 speed manual of course.

Thanks in advance

Old 12-19-2009, 11:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

first of all....god created the ls1 on the 7th day haha, id do anything for one haha, but yeah idk about the cams? but even if you get one one with out the ls6 intake there not that hard to find to swap one and there not that expensive and very easy to swap. if you can get ur hands on ls1 car period do it because they are the greatest, as far as slp, i feel your just paying for the name and im not really the biggest fan, some pacesetter headers and magnaflow exhaust and highflow cat (or no cat depending on who you know) it will sound beast, if you got the money for complete slp then yeah but i just think there too expensive when you can get just a good of sound for a cheaper price

Old 12-23-2009, 12:59 AM

IF i already get an LS6 intake is there really any point at all in getting a Cold Air Intake for it? or just changing the SLP lid? I never really figured out why people only changed the lid....

And I have decided on the exhaust. Im going to take your advice on pacesetter headers those sound amazing thanks for the tip

and i think im going to go with Loudmouths out the back.. the only problem i see with this is...cops are going to hear me coming from miles away. The main reason i want it this loud is to blow all the cars away that go to my school this year and when im going to college of course people will have fart cans on eclipses and think theyre fast and we just cant have that now can we? Also the Camaro has traction control right? just like the Trans-am does as i seen in some videos?

Thanks once again. I think i have all the information i need except about the cams.. I've checked everywhere i dont think this rumor is true at all.