General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

95 mph in a 45 mph zone

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 95 mph in a 45 mph zone

Thankfully, i only have one ticket, 71 in a 55. But some of my friends, o lord. One those idiots drives a 2003 focus svt, he thinks it is the best thing on wheels. One night we were driving home from work and were racing. Its about 3am so dont worry no traffic. I was at about 95, and he was a little ways in front of me probaly 98 or so. The cop was on the other side of the median and we were coming up on a hill. I know its wrong but, common sense just says that a cop going 55 one way, and you pushin 100 the other= DONT STOP.
we got a little ways past him and i saw the lights. I just hit it even harder but my special ed friend, ( of course he drives a ford DUH) decided to stop. Now he has (had) never been pulled over so he got out of the car. Of course by this time i was long gone, powersliding down my street trying to get home and out the car ASAP. he says they pointed the guns at him and had him on the ground, but of course he tells big stories so.

moral= you cant be caught with a closeing speed of more than 150mph so just keep going, but were ever it is your going, get there and get off the street. i still laugh at him every time we pass a cop and are together.