General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

3.4L Quick, Sick, Sixer

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 02:13 AM
2nd Gear member
Default 3.4L Quick, Sick, Sixer

I'm not saying Im the fastest V6 around at all by far! But my 3.4 is quick. When I got it it was bone stock 5 speed manual. and yes it was a little slow. So the first thing i did was replace the existing exhaust with a magnaflow. I wanted to see how restrictive the factory exhaust actually was so I ran a water hose through the inlet. it has so many baffles and deadends that The entire muffler filled with water and never came out of the exit. It just overflowed and held the water. Anyways I made a cold air intake for it. My intake is true cold air/ram air setup. the K&N filter goes down and is right by the air dam. I bent the air dam so that it wouldnt block the filter so it gets tons of cold air. I then relocated my IAT sensor by simply splicing into it with longer wires so it can reach the intake. It is right after my filter so it gets a very accurate read. I tried one of those resistor mod chips off ebay but i bought it at radio shack for 30 cents. I guess i noticed a difference but I took it out because it reads the temp as a constant 58 degrees, and the way my intake is setup it gets air that is colder than 58* so it was actually robbing some horsepower. (very Little maybe 1-3 hp) Anyways i am right now in the process of engineering an even greater intake than what i have now. My PCM is tuned. I am pondering the thought of getting my intake manifold ported and polished to provide better air flow. My car sounds great. It sound like a suped up v6. It doesn't sound like a wannabe v8.
Although alot of people have told me they thought it was a V8 until I said other wise.
I've heard alot of people claim that the 3.4 is weak and isn't worth modifying. It has the potentialb to be a good engine the only thing that holds it back is the fact that for some reason GM's Y shaped intake pleneum looks like it is wide when in reality it is thick with only a tiny path for air to travel threw. That is it's weakness. My concept is this.... The more air you can stuff into the engine the more horsepower. It's a proven fact so thats what i plan to do. I am going to keep this naturally aspirated due to the fact that turbo'ing these 3.4 are too expensive and I dont even think Tiago is making them any more...If you don't know about Tiago's turboed 3.4 Firebird check him and others out at Force Fed Fabrications
I haven't found any mustangs that want to run yet.. But I know I can take a v6 mustang,except probably not the 05-07'sThe only one i know of is my buddy Andy's 94 GT with a badass 4.6,Chipped, CAI, Flowmasters with Cutout, and A shift kit. That car is wickedly fast. I would have no chance.

Two of my proudest wins were to the following:
So far I've beaten a 99 camaro with the 3800 SeriesII////it gave me a run like hell
*98 Monte Carlo 3.8 Z34 with the 3.8 Had A bodykit, looked nice, Those 3800 Series II's Pull Hard!
Tonight a 86 Iroc Z Stock 305 5 speed manual flowmaster exhaust.

Few Other Minor Kills
*Various sunfire gts and cavaliers,
*My Buddy's 2001 Eclipse RS
* An older Honda that flipped me off so I chased him down and was going to kick his *** and led me to getting pulled over. wait till I find him again.
*86 3.1 Camaro stock, nothing special but It's still a Camaro!

After my First Mustang Kill I will reward the camaro with this

$12.00
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

There's a a story behind that also... when i was at walmart some *******s in a mustang waited for me to go into the store and then I came out to The words ***** CAR written all over my windows. I found one of the guys that did it when I was at a party and i stomped his ***. So I'm a little satisfied.

Anyways There's my 2 cents for the day.

94CamaroSFI
Aaron

[IMG]local://upfiles/4475/2A75A40099B8477E8DA5B9BF97B5EEF7.jpg[/IMG]