Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

Holley metering block numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:56 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default Holley metering block numbers

Anyone know where I can find a good site with Holley metering block numbers? I did a search on google and came up pretty empty handed. I have a whole bunch of sites for carb main body list numbers but no metering blocks.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:45 PM
1st Gear Member

First, what is a metering block? Are they saying, "Here is your plug for metering the vacuum assist tubes?" Say a bigger plug for power brake boost hose? Metering hole is just a smaller hole?

I am going to walk you to metering is that is is so absolute in our practical steps, we cannot go wrong. If there is a vacuum, would we have the same vacuum at hole #1 which is small or has the vacuum change in the larger brake boost hose monster hole they use for that part of the intake manifold.

Do not mess with your head because this is not rocket science. There is only one answer. What is that number in vacuum for each hole?

This is metering 101. I only select fundamental questions others pass up. I do not answer direct is pizz you off and make you think. You better come back with a right answer is I am no expert is you are. Then if you say, metering 101 is we are on the same page, do not mess up, kypher. You won't find one on one on the net thinking you are going to come up empty if I look for guys just like you.

This is open book/open web. So = No cheating! You can't cheat is there are no rules. Math is in the absolute sorta speak is change 2 and 2 make 4-Strokes is get it? So, first number for pressure is 14.7psi. What is the vacuum number at the manifold that you cannot find on the net?

Old 03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

are you ****ing kidding me? Seriously, you are so off on even what I was asking that you shouldn't be posting.

Last edited by kyphur; 03-29-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Wait a minute. I asked what that unit was? Does it suck vacuum or not? I told you, YOU are going to miss the boat you do not have your fundamentals down is chase your tail.

Let me ask you a fundamental question so we are both on the same page you are all alone with no one to help you but you sure do know your basic fizz sicks. You cannot find that question is because I think I know my basics.

I am going to die with these 3 variables. Spark- Fuel - Compression. Tell me in plain English which would you replace to start your car/boat/plane/stove?

What is the compression in the cylinder? 12 to 1 compression. Or say 187psi is a good running cylinder. A leak down is 2% or less is peak compression for an engine.
I am not about to leave my 3 variables at the stove. My fuel is already in the tube. My igniter is about to light the gas in the stove tubes. What is the compression at the holes in the burner? Would you agree they are 14.7psi at the stove? Any pressure is low so to fuel can flow. So say 14.7 for argument sake is pushing that pressure if you want to argue how much back press is in an exhaust pipe.

OK, since you brought it up and you won't find it on the net like you are reading it here is do you understand yet if the car is off, how much pressure is in the muffler and pipe? Are you going to disagree with me there is more or less, 14.7psi inside the muffler? Key off, cold engine is hot engine is we are still looking at zero back pressure is the car is off = 14.7 PSI inside the muffler.

Look hur looking for an answer, can we agree we are watching some air pressure to get your answer as solid as a brick I do not BS.

I am not about to give you the answer is yes I will. You have to keep thinking while I keep showing you there is not one hint of foul play. You better know your basic bottom line heat expands/cold contracts physics you start lifting hood, or you will be clueless like the some mechanics at most dealerships.

WE agree yet about the 14.7 I proposed two absolutes and do you disagree or so you can figure out your question you have a different number base or the 3 variable base to the OTTO fire off of the stove even?

Not my problem you have a very complex problem that is easy to answer is come on, agree we are on the same page or I can move on. You keep that search going on for your answer.

Want a video hint like RAM? I have your number.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

My head is spinning.
uhhhh.... hot water contracts and cold water expands... so I dont think its as simple as simple physics..... but it might be.... Pazz, you have alot of info in your head, I would agree. I am hoping to be looking forward to your sharing of the knowledge.

Kyph. I havent seen anything like that either, you might have to call holley direct.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I would not call, look like I don't know WOT I am doing, but to plumb a vacuum gauge on the manifold and read that pressure.

Bingo! Was that easy enough? No one in my garage is going to tell me over the net what that number is without confirming we are on the same page.

If I am reading 1/2 an Atmo, what is my vacuum pressure at the manifold? If I am at idle, what is my manifold pressure? If I am at WOT (wide open throttle) is my cylinder running 14.7psi as if the key was off?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48730295054415

Tommy, It's all about Fast driving - And back it up with Fast facts. I am going to answer in so basic a step, you have to prove me wrong is bring you fact after fact is play with the fizz sicks.

So, I think if you can catch the needle swing, you may see the same manifold pressure give or take some idle swing up or down. Holly is going to give you the same basic answer. If there is a constant pressure adjustment, it will have to work manually as in, taken care of as you drive?

If we are discussing one certain half pressure? That number will be the same on just about any OTTO-Intake suck. If you want a perfect example of, "for every action/react to that needle is it never pounds to 15 but guess the number?"

Last edited by PAzYearazzUP; 03-30-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:32 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

He was talking about a physical number on the block/plate. If there is one.

I will say that I did enjoy the lesson in checking the vacume pressure though.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Now, that is funny! Call Holley for their cast number designations is there you go. They would know. Now you know about manifold pressure numb beers and I do not drink.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:24 PM
3rd Gear Member

Yes, I was asking about the numbers imprinted on the metering blocks. Sorry if I jumped but that's the second time you've started talking about manifold pressure when it wasn't even related to what I was asking.