Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

bick block build tech ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Default bick block build tech ?

OK guys, i am going to build a 454 for street and occasional strip use.. i have not got the car yet but i have a plan..
I need some build advice as i have not built but a couple mostly stock big blocks.. i am going to stroke it to 496 for sure. i will buy the lower assembly as a kit balanced but probably not forged. i want to shoot for 10:1 comp as to keep it on pump gas. i want to put aluminum heads on it but am not sure which ones.. the cam i am unsure of as well.. I am thinking hyd roller..
i would like to get close to the 600hp mark and hi 500's torque. I don't have any exp with mechanical roller cams and how street friendly they really are, i have used a machanical FT on small blocks and hyr FT and roller on small blocks.
i will worry about getting the car hooked.. I have read what i can find on the net for 600hp big block builds but cant find a build to match my set up with specifics that i can duplicate. The guys from horsepower TV did one but did not say what the hyr roller was they installed or which part number heads they used.
this will have a built to match tci automatic and either a 12 bolt or 9" rear end with 3.73's..
anyone have an input to help a brother out?
thanks in advance.. just cant quit thinking about it