Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

diagnostic diagnosis

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

okay after doing some pretty hard searching i come across a coil plug that has only 1 wire in it...........

Attached Thumbnails diagnostic diagnosis-coil1.jpg   diagnostic diagnosis-coil2.jpg   diagnostic diagnosis-coilwires.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Droid

One problem with fusible links is that they can burn out inside the insulation leaving no obvious sign. Check them with a meter, just to make sure they are good.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:08 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ahh looks like something has been chopped up. mine has two on each plug but a 95 only has one on that plug.
http://shbox.com/coil/coil_connectors.jpg
if you havent found this site yet its got alot of good stuff on it.
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html

Old 08-03-2010, 05:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

where are the fusable links at on the car? i can't seem to locate one. the injector fuses get + voltage when i turn the key to on, as well as the coil wire. but rite now i'm not getting enough rotational speed cuz of the dead battery from dropping the steering wheel process. this is a power issue to the coil when @ operating temp?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:41 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

found this it may be of help.
The paper manual show the fusible links. There are in front of the right side wheel well under the hood. There is a wire that goes from the positive battery terminal to the oval box with a flip cap. This is a junction for the links. Open that cap and on the engine side is the wire from the battery and the right side is the fusible links. The manual shows 3 that go into the harness that runs on the fender side. You will have to inspect all 3. Pull on them. If one is blown, it will stretch. If you can't find this with this description, I will see if I can scan this picture, but that will be after work when I can get to my scanner at home.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks for that info. i found them and checked, they are good. i've replaced the ignition mod and the fuel filter as well, this helped alittle, i believe there may be a clogged fuel line. i will replace tomorrow since i don't have work..

Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

did you used to dig clams, im still trying to figure out where i know you from. anyways ill have to get over there soon so we can try my scanner with the wires. fishin for the next two days.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
In the Staging Lanes

not much of a clam eater...

anyway i am getting ready to work or the fuel lines and see if they are part of the problem. I was able to test the ignition system, with a test lite, while it was running and it is doing its job aparently... so now the leaves me fuel system to burn through

Old 08-04-2010, 06:56 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

we checked the fuel pressure and it was at 40 lbs. we will have to check when running. if pressure is there only thing it could be there is the injectors not fireing. i have a noid light around here somewhere. lol well if its running the ignition would be working.
i buy razors for bait from some of the commercial diggers and there was an old guy, john barnum that had a few guys with him i bought from a few years ago. john was from your area. anyways i may have time day after tomorrow to run over for a while with some testing stuff, what you up to.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well, rite now i'm dropping the tank so i can put a solit state fuel pump in. the fuel is the only issue i'm having rite now, and its not the regulator, i believe its the pump not putting enough to it when its running. please tell me if i'm wrong....

i did a few digs with john barnum. me and kyle rockafellow and chris frank. but that was almost 5 years ago...

Quick Reply: diagnostic diagnosis