Camaro Reference, Repair and Owners Manuals Here we have reference information, repair manuals, owners manuals and other information you might find interesting

If anyone needs repair/diag info

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Important: Do not operate the park brake lever while the rotor is removed.

1. Remove the rear tires and wheels. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation in Tires and Wheels.
2. Disconnect the rear cable from the brake shoe lever.
3. Pull on the lever until there is a firm stop. Release the lever and measure free lever travel at the cable interface. If the travel is less than 10 mm, adjustment is complete. If the travel is more than 10 mm, further adjust brake shoe.
4. Remove the brake rotor. Refer to Brake Rotor Replacement in Disc Brakes.
5. Rotate the adjustment nut with a screwdriver in order to extend the slotted tappet in order to increase the gap between the adjuster nut and the screw by .38 mm.

1. Install the rotor onto the axle mounting flange.
Ensure that the rotor is flush against the flange. Use two hand-tightened lugnuts (1) in order to keep the rotor (2) in position.
2. Measure the lever (free) travel per step 2. Repeat the adjuster in order to obtain the ideal 3–8 mm free travel of the brake shoe lever.
3. Check the rotor for drag. The rotor must rotate freely within the stud hole clearance.
4. Install rear tires and wheels. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation in Tires and Wheels.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:09 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by BillsFan727
Everyone one here has access to "ALLDATA," just click the link "TSB & RECALLS" in the navigation bar.
TSB's and recalls are just 1 TINY part af alldata, and I know this site does not have acces to the factor GM site. Im just trying to help guys out who want info

Old 10-18-2013, 07:13 AM

Hey I know this is a little late but I have a 1995 z28 convertible. I think I need to resolder my bcm but I can find info on my year all the issues I have match the description. Radio out, remotes inoperative, interior lighting inoperative, trunk release inoperative. Do you think bcm? And is it located behind glove box

Old 02-10-2014, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by sinrocker
Hey I know this is a little late but I have a 1995 z28 convertible. I think I need to resolder my bcm but I can find info on my year all the issues I have match the description. Radio out, remotes inoperative, interior lighting inoperative, trunk release inoperative. Do you think bcm? And is it located behind glove box
BUMP-BUMP-BUMP

LS1 Body Control Module Problems - The Fix - LS1TECH

Old 02-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
Old 01-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Default 96 3800 series II UIM/LIM

Does anyone have a how-to guide or anything they can send me, i was replacing the plastic elbows on the belt tensioner (which were already broke) and the end of one snapped off inside either the engine block or LIM, I believe its the LIM....couldnt really tell atm was dark and was broke down at a gas station...

Old 09-01-2015, 02:38 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by mach2mack
I am a professional technician and have access to the factory GM site I can get things like wireing diagrams, diagnostic flow charts all that stuff. Just thought it might be able to help some people
Hi, your camaro is nice and looks like mine.

was wondering if u could help me based on ur background:
Directional signal solid no clickin on a 93 Camaro Is it a weak fuse because...

the back right directional signal (it's the right one not the left one) is slower in tempo or pace or rate of speed

this could be a weak fuse like a weak battery?

other times, I noticed the blinker (directional signal) on the right is working

but the 2-7 times it didn't work, it was a solid green arrow pointing right while I was inside and no clicking which usually is evidence the directional signal is working.

is this usually a sign of a weak fuse, and I just need to buy another stronger fuse or

could the wiring be frayed

my 93 Camaro has only 135,000 miles and all the little things like the dome lights work, so it has been taken care of with no body damage etc.

Anyone encounter the same or similar problem?

If so, how much would it cost to fix?

I can't use a hand signal those time it doesn't work or I can get slapped with a big fine by the police.

Thanks for any help you could provide me,

Old 11-23-2016, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by mach2mack
I am a professional technician and have access to the factory GM site I can get things like wireing diagrams, diagnostic flow charts all that stuff. Just thought it might be able to help some people
Hey im new to this site Basically I bought a used 1999 3.8 put a good bit of money myself into it getting it to run like a MF champ. Now my radio and cluster went out at the same time ( right in front of me) and as days past 1 thing after another started going out. I read where the BCM is and how to "repair" specific cracks on the BCM board /w soldering BUT my real questions is Being a 99 does the BCM have to be reprogrammed ?? and If I replaces it myself and it does need to be programmed will it e drivable /w a blank BCM?

Old 12-29-2016, 08:45 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

found these, copied.

Turn the key to Run but not to start and leave it for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Turn to Off.
Remove key
Reinsert and see if it starts.

Programming A New Body Control Module (BCM)

Important: Any new body control module (BCM) will automatically program to the resistance of the key (or interrogator setting) being used at the first ignition ON cycle. This can only be done once for the life of the module.

A new BCM is not programmed. Before the system will function properly it must be programmed to the code that matches the customer's keys.

1. Install the new BCM. Refer to Body Control Module Replacement .
2. Insert one of the customer's keys into the ignition cylinder and turn it to the on position.
3. Its good to start the engine at this time to verify system operation. Observe the SECURITY indicator lamp for the following:
- The indicator lamp lights for approximately 5 seconds and then goes out. This indicates that the BCM is programmed properly.
- The indicator lamp flashes at a rate of one flash per second until the ignition is off. This indicates that the BCM did not program and the system components, wiring and contacts should be checked for a fault.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 AM
Default Head gasket

How do I remove my cylinder heads I'm having such a problem doing it n I really do not wanna remove the exhaust manifold but veryone says I have to let's also add this is my first time ever ripping an engine apart and the vacuum hose in the back is blocking the right valve cover n I can't get it off

Quick Reply: If anyone needs repair/diag info