Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Wrongfully infracted

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Now, that's twice I've seen comments about the rules. 'pretty much pointless' one says... seriously. This makes me question your ethics, do you really... fundamentaly... know the differance between right and wrong? This may seem like I am straying off topic here, but there is a point and it is relevant.
How can you say the rules are pointless or that you don't even read them? We all know red means stop - guess what, that's a law. We all know you dont go to a stranger and tell him that his mother was a wet hog - not a law - but its a rule.. a social rule.
You are a member of a society that has rules and laws - yet you feel that they are pointless because 'nobody really reads them'.
Where do we, as a society today, derive our rules or laws from anymore? They have to come from somewhere dont they?

Do rules just..... poof.. there they are?

no.

These types of comments and the general crappy attitude that society seems to have adopted are contributing to the decline or western civilization - yeah I said that.

Now, I know that I have a big sig, and sometimes when you (when I say you I simply mean members in general) see the big sig and there are a bunch of words accompanied by it... then its quite easy to just scroll right past the rant Cpl is on again. Thats OK though.. but you miss things.

Please don't ask to be a mod, ever. No respect for rules will get you on my special list of.. 'uhh, no' when it comes to potential mods. Look at my avatar.. the little word next to it says Admin... not Mod... You cant just think that into existance. Its there for a reason. I actualy make decisions here that effect everyone.. one of those being who is a mod or not. The decision to put me in this position wasn't something that just happened on a whim. I obviously stood out in a positive light against some of the darkness. Disrespect not being positive. The tude you have of rules are pointless is also not positive.
I see the thought process you have as being hypocritical. I will explain. I was brought up as thinking that if you are going to do something do it right, and if I had to dig a ditch, I would dig the best ditch there was. This rearing of course, had moral and ethical conotations as well; Be honest, don't take things that don't belong to you, dont hurt weaker people, slow to anger - that sort of thing. I never even considered thinking that those rules were silly or stupid... they just were. So, to me, anyone who doesn't respect the rules... doesn't know how to live by them. You said that you wished you could quote what Kal said into your sig... so why dont you? You think the rules are pointless right, and nobody really reads them anyways right?

So, the rules dont matter.

I make the rules, so I dont matter.

You can break the rules because the enforcers dont matter.

Is this all correct? Or do the rules actually have a point?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

That says it pretty well I think cpl. I remember when the Ask GM section was opened, and nj's first post (a sticky) was both the announcement and the rules. It took me all of maybe thirty seconds to soak it in. It's pretty clear what the purpose of that section is, as well as what our part in it is supposed to be. It appears that the one issue, is that evilkal says he didn't get a warning first, even though those in charge say yes he did. Having said that, I am an admin on another car site. We are a close knit community, but still have rules that everybody has to follow. Bans aren't handed out all too often, mostly they have gone to the real bone-heads who won't be missed anyway. Nothing serious happens without a warning first, to give the person the benefit of the doubt. The one thing we definitely won't tolerate though is being called out on the carpet, in response to a PM that was sent to them. It's even in our rules that messages sent to a member in PM form is done that way for a reason (the "P" stands for private), and dealing with a member to member issue will remain in PM form. We have had a couple of members in the past who liked to grand-stand against "the man", and all it did was cause a rift in the membership. We had some unhealthy times to say the least, and it's taken a long time to even partially recover.

Last edited by Camaro 69; 02-21-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

cpl - 1
EvilKal - 0
Order has been restored

Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Dominos Puck
New Formula! Now with 10% more Win!

I have no idea what this Ask GM business is even about. As long as I have a place to post monkey pics, I don't give a flip.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Originally Posted by Murda99v6
nj - 1
EvilKal - 0
Order has been restored
fixed

Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Originally Posted by Murda99v6
cpl - 1
EvilKal - 0
Order has been restored
Thanks, but the funny thing is I wasnt even looking for it.. I wasnt really talking specificaly to Kal either.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:03 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

This is absolutely rediculous, kal was one of the biggest supporters of my banishment, and now he acts just as childish and foolish as i did, look ive been down this road and its pointless, im talking to you other forum members, not kal i could care less about him, but newer or shadow people, DO NOT DO THIS, you will not beat the mods, youre wasting your time, i have found that if you are respectful and do your best to follow the rules the mods and admins are pretty easy to get along with, i have gotten to the point with them where i can get warnings again like everyone else, i posted a video not to long ago that maybe i shouldnt have on this forum, nj deleted the thread and gave me an infraction, i pmed him, NOT to question why he was such a (this) or (that) but as to how i could have posted it differently, i had left a disclosure above the video saying there was graphic material, but that just wasnt good enough, and i accepted that and listened, the infaction was lifted 10 days later and life goes on, i wish everyone would take a look at me, not like puck hes just about attention, but just as the way i have become on this forum, i may stand on that line from time to time but i have taught myself how to not break the rules, i like to give people a hard time, its funny to me, but you dont have to break forum rules to do so... stop fighting the mods, i get all kinds of warnings, i take them, and fix my problem, end of story

Theres MY .02, take it or leave it, but im not the one getting banned.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

Name:  so-what-your-banned-you-broke-the-rules.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  23.8 KB

Old 02-21-2011, 12:09 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

should say, "youre" for one
and for two It should also say "you broke the rules, TIME AND TIME AGAIN"

and then its accurate

Old 02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Ninja Administrator

I think its interesting that this thread started about off topic posts where they do not belong.....
/thread