Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Wrongfully infracted

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 PM
4th Gear Member
Default Wrongfully infracted

Dear evilkal,

You have received an infraction at Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum.

Reason: Thread jacking/Going wildly off topic
-------
You were warned once before. Stop posting nonsense in my Ask GM
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum
1. I never have received a single warning about posting anything in Ask GM. My PM box had a quota of 7000 so I never delete messages so I would surely have it in my inbox if I had.

2. Only thing I did was make a post asking where the GM rep was. This forum is there, not being used, except as a backup tech section pretty much. So far Craby and I have answered just about every question there has been in that forum.

3. Thread jacking? What thread did I jack? I answered a question in one of the posts. Usually I simply state this belongs in X section since it isn't really related to anything GM can answer (asking about mods?).

So can I be given a full explanation of why I was infracted and when the hell I received this non-existant warning?

Old 02-19-2011, 11:14 PM
3rd Gear Member

I do agree with you, but you are going about this the wrong way. I think that a PM to the mods would suffice, not a public thread.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:45 AM
4th Gear Member

I PM'd the admin who gave me the infraction and posted here in the Camaro Forums Issues section. It's directly geared towards the admins/mods (as this section should be).

I figured this way would be easiest to address the active admins and mods since I can only send 1 PM at a time.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:01 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

umm no i moved a few threads from the gm section but have followed the directions/warning given by nj and have stayed away from posting. my only post in the ask gm section is a note to nj concerning a post i moved to the ask gm section that i thought was proper for it.

[QUOTE=evilkal;511686]1.
2. Only thing I did was make a post asking where the GM rep was. This forum is there, not being used, except as a backup tech section pretty much. So far Craby and I have answered just about every question there has been i

Last edited by craby; 02-20-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

If you read the forum sticky placed in that section on January 14, 2011...

Originally Posted by nj85z28
Recently a few forum admins and owners were invited out to Detroit for a meeting with members of GM in a special group focused on Customer Relations.

The overall consensus is that GM feels disconnected from their consumers and are looking for a way to better serve us and create a way to help us reach them.

The point of this forum section is for people to ask specific questions regarding warranty, or specific tough to answer technical questions.

This is NOT a general use forum and will be HEAVILY moderated.

With meeting the folks of GM in this group, we have created what is hopefully a direct conduit to address issues that we as enthusiasts and owners face.

All pertinent questions will be brought through the proper channels to be answered by GM directly.

This forum section is merely an experiment at this point.

Anyone posting in this forum is agreeing to the following rules-

1. Provide as much specific details as possible including VIN number when asking warranty or tech questions

2. Anyone found abusing this forum will be given an infraction immediately

3. Anyone found posting off topic will be given a stiff infraction

4. Limit questions to either warranty or specific technical questions not able to be answered in the rest of the forum.

5. NO complaining. This is an EXPERIMENT at this point.

IF this seems to be working it may be implemented on other sites. As far as questions/comments on how to USE this forum direct all correspondence to my PM box or face infractions.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Also I'm not sure what trying to appeal to the moderators will really do to get an infraction reversed given to you by the senior admin..

Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 AM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

IMO, some just like to flex their muscles

Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Originally Posted by Chevelle Man
IMO, some just like to flex their muscles
IMO, some just like to ignore the rules and make unnecessary waves. the rules of the section were clearly posted.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:05 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

No one ever reads those rules, NJ... IMO, it's pretty harsh to have given an infraction for asking a simple question when no one else can answer the question. That's my .02

Old 02-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
No one ever reads those rules, NJ...
Regardless, you agree to abide by them each and every time you sign into this site. Follow them or get infractions. Its literally that simple.