Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2 12's or 2 10's ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 01:46 AM
April 2008 ROTM
Default RE: 2 12's or 2 10's ???

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

ORIGINAL: CRanMaro99

ORIGINAL: Rs Camaro Kid

well i have a 91 rs...with a 8 in kicker solobaric l7 with a superbox, and a 500 watt kicker class d amp....and im not gunn alie in this car it hits harder than 2 12"s...atleast everyone ive puleed next to lol : ] not the best for fast repetative bass but it deff gets the job done
L7's are overpirced, and overhyped.

In face you probbaly got raped on the pirce.

And, no, you don't "hit" harder than two decent 12" drivers.

One 8" XXX in a large ported box would meter higher than two Pyramid 12" subs, yes.

But you don't have anything made by Resonant Engineering.

You have a kicker sub.

Nice going on a class D amp though.

I'm sure an "expert" at Best Buy hooked you up.

Agreed to everything here. And I'd like to own something by RE, but now their products **** me off, overpriced marketing hype as well (even though they are still amazing products, but overly-designed.)

That is why I went with some Fi Car Audio products, same guy who designed the prior subs for RE, but with his own business, is much cheaper. I love my SSd's.
When I was all about the SPL I went with Memphis's Mojo line.

I had two 15" Mojo's in a 6 cu. box with two 1100 watt Memphis Class D amps pushing them.

I wish I would of had two of the 2000 watt Mojo's, but you take what you can.

I metered 157 at the dash in outlaw.

I loved that bass.
Right on.

When I had my truck, I decided to go SPL (well.. SQL) oriented... I had two 15 inch TC-1000's off 1800 watts tuned to 35hz. Sounded good and got loud.

But I've always been geared more towards the SQ side of things. I don't care how loud my stereo gets in my Camaro (but it's sure enough for me.. 350 watts per side on my components = SCREAAAAMERS)

Old 11-27-2007, 07:10 PM
1st Gear Member

What kind of music do you listen to? 10s are usually for more rock type of things while 12s and 15s are for rap and the like. Id say go with 1 sub as 2 use more juice and dont pound that much harder. And if you like rock and clear bass, get a 10.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 AM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Duffman

What kind of music do you listen to? 10s are usually for more rock type of things while 12s and 15s are for rap and the like. Id say go with 1 sub as 2 use more juice and dont pound that much harder. And if you like rock and clear bass, get a 10.
Stop it. You're wrong.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

How am I wrong? You tell me why you would get a 15 sub if you listen to classical music and **** like that. Your just trying to be the startest mother ****er here and your not. Im not saying I know anything about anything but appearently you are a sub expert.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:24 PM
April 2008 ROTM

How am I wrong? You tell me why you would get a 15 sub if you listen to classical music and **** like that. Your just trying to be the startest mother ****er here and your not. Im not saying I know anything about anything but appearently you are a sub expert.
Yeah, I sure do know more than you. And no, I'm not trying to be the "startest" MFer out there. Home/Car audio has been and is still my main hobbie, but I just happen to own a Camaro.

I would rather have a 15 inch subwoofer than a 10 for classical actually, your logic is backwards. The ability to get much lower in the frequency response (which classical music has much of) would make me want a properly designed 15 than a 10...

And furthermore, the enclosure that a subwoofer is in has the greatest effect in subwoofer/speaker characteristics than the size of the woofer.

This is some basic stuff man, and I'm not even getting technical. Don't need to get all emotional and swear over this, as it further shows that your a hung kid, where I'm sure you'll learn more about speakers as time goes on. We always hear the rumored "10s hit tighter than 12s but 12s get louder but are more boomy" all the time, and it depicts the newbs out of the crowds. The one and only reason that statement is true is due to the fact that most mainstream companies use the same magnet/motor for all their different sized subwoofers. However, the enclosure that the subwoofer is in can control this issue.

I'm trying to help you out, do some research, and you'll figure it out. If you want me to link you to some basic and valuable information, I will.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:37 AM
2nd Gear member

Since you're an Mustang forum regular I will go easy on you.

You are wrong.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:42 PM
April 2008 ROTM

Since you're an Mustang forum regular I will go easy on you.

You are wrong.
He is huh? That must explain it! (Total J/K)

Old 12-10-2007, 11:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Who really gives a ****, you guys are probably the kind of A-holes that leave there stereo on full blast while they pump gas or go into a 7-11. Do your pants sag too?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: sweetquads

Who really gives a ****, you guys are probably the kind of A-holes that leave there stereo on full blast while they pump gas or go into a 7-11. Do your pants sag too?
Actually I hate those people too. More than you probably. And I also hate people who stereotype based on no information like you just did.

It's people that blast their systems at full blast in residential areas at bad times of the day/night that ruin this hobbie for the responsible people. On all of my cars I sound deaden to have the least amount of sound possible to escape my car, and listen to my music with windows up if turned up in populated areas.

And no, my pants don't sag. Smart ***.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:43 AM

I'm going to agree with the end opinion here. I have, I'm not even sure what model to be exact, but a round kicker comp sub, the basic silver one, handles what maybe 1100 peak. I have it pair with a 1000 watt kenwood amp and the enclosure is built specific for the sub, it pounds away by buddys ****ty sony 15 and 2 10 mtxs. I was surpised. I had a little audio install business and that is the number one thing people do get misconceived about. Don't look at sizes when buying a sub, unless you have space issues. Look at response, frequency, ohms etc. And make sure the box is built to spec, you'll be able to build a lot better sounding system for cheaper. With my Pioneer 7200 deck that's a little old I can customize all the frequencies and such. Best of all, my buddy paid over 400 dollars for all his stuff, I payed 72.84. Wow.