Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2 12's or 2 10's ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007 | 03:31 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 2 12's or 2 10's ???

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

2 12s are usually the best, no lag of 15s, and deeper than 10s. but all depends on quality. i would neevr do 1 10. 1 12 yes. and you always put a nice 12" in trunk, and build yer own box, or take back seats out, and but 2 12s and build yer own box. always fun, frusturating, but fun.
Please never post in this section again.

Your car audio knowledge is on par with a 3rd grader.

You are to car audio as a ricer is to the domestic world.

Understand?

Old 11-20-2007 | 06:26 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

2 12s are usually the best, no lag of 15s, and deeper than 10s. but all depends on quality. i would neevr do 1 10. 1 12 yes. and you always put a nice 12" in trunk, and build yer own box, or take back seats out, and but 2 12s and build yer own box. always fun, frusturating, but fun.
Please never post in this section again.

Your car audio knowledge is on par with a 3rd grader.

You are to car audio as a ricer is to the domestic world.

Understand?
Agreed. I'm glad there is at least one other knowledgeable person on audio on this board.

People: You cannot just make crap up that has no backing...

Old 11-20-2007 | 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

well i have a 91 rs...with a 8 in kicker solobaric l7 with a superbox, and a 500 watt kicker class d amp....and im not gunn alie in this car it hits harder than 2 12"s...atleast everyone ive puleed next to lol : ] not the best for fast repetative bass but it deff gets the job done

Old 11-20-2007 | 11:16 PM
April 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Rs Camaro Kid

well i have a 91 rs...with a 8 in kicker solobaric l7 with a superbox, and a 500 watt kicker class d amp....and im not gunn alie in this car it hits harder than 2 12"s...atleast everyone ive puleed next to lol : ] not the best for fast repetative bass but it deff gets the job done
Not to sound like a butt, but, what is a superbox? Care to explain? Lmfao.

Put it up to my two 12s. See what happens.

When you pull up next to a car, its going to be a lot quieter from the outside of their car than the inside.

Old 11-21-2007 | 02:16 AM
2nd Gear member

L7's are overpirced, and overhyped.

In face you probbaly got raped on the pirce.

And, no, you don't "hit" harder than two decent 12" drivers.

One 8" XXX in a large ported box would meter higher than two Pyramid 12" subs, yes.

But you don't have anything made by Resonant Engineering.

You have a kicker sub.

Nice going on a class D amp though.

I'm sure an "expert" at Best Buy hooked you up.

Old 11-21-2007 | 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Seriously, if space is a problem, 1 sub, when set up correctly will sound great. Do you want it to sound good, fill in the lows and be able to hear it with the windows down, or do you want to rattle the neighborhood?

8" Kicker Solobaric is a pretty nice speaker from what I know, heck the whole line seems impressive, just very, very expensive.

Don't completely disregard 8" subs anyway, I had one CVR8 (8" round kicker) in my Fiero before I had my 10 (8" setup got stolen, so I went bigger) and honesly, it probably was a bit better. Airspace is at a premium in the Fiero, so the 8 was closer to optimum.

In a Camaro, even a 2nd gen you should be able to have more airspace (than a Fiero), so I personally would go with one 10 or one 12 in a properly sized box with a nice amp on it. If space is a premium, and you MUST have 2 speakers for whatever reason, two 8's might solve your space problem since [generalization]smaller speakers use less airspace[/generalization]

Old 11-21-2007 | 02:07 PM
April 2008 ROTM

One 8" XXX in a large ported box would meter higher than two Pyramid 12" subs, yes.

You have a kicker sub.

Agreed to everything here. And I'd like to own something by RE, but now their products **** me off, overpriced marketing hype as well (even though they are still amazing products, but overly-designed.)

That is why I went with some Fi Car Audio products, same guy who designed the prior subs for RE, but with his own business, is much cheaper. I love my SSd's.

Old 11-21-2007 | 05:01 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: CRanMaro99

You have a kicker sub.

Agreed to everything here. And I'd like to own something by RE, but now their products **** me off, overpriced marketing hype as well (even though they are still amazing products, but overly-designed.)

That is why I went with some Fi Car Audio products, same guy who designed the prior subs for RE, but with his own business, is much cheaper. I love my SSd's.
When I was all about the SPL I went with Memphis's Mojo line.

I had two 15" Mojo's in a 6 cu. box with two 1100 watt Memphis Class D amps pushing them.

I wish I would of had two of the 2000 watt Mojo's, but you take what you can.

I metered 157 at the dash in outlaw.

I loved that bass.

Old 11-21-2007 | 08:29 PM
1st Gear Member

hah best buy...i bought all my stuff at acar audio store...bestbuy doesnt sell kicker haha let alone solobaric

Old 11-22-2007 | 01:44 AM
April 2008 ROTM

hah best buy...i bought all my stuff at acar audio store...bestbuy doesnt sell kicker haha let alone solobaric
But they sell "superboxes"?

Care to elaborate or take pics on what that is?

Probably a bandpass enclosure of some sort...

If it's just a ported enclosure I'd be really depressed if they decided to call it a "superbox" to be cool :/