93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

sold my 94 to a guy and now it wont start?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:40 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: sold my 94 to a guy and now it wont start?

ORIGINAL: red94v6

O crap i feel retarded now, its a manual right? Check the clutch, i dont know the technical name for the device but it is what stops the engine from starting without the clutch depressed. Ya know what im talkin about right? I really feel stupid because its on the tip of my tongue but i cant for the life of me figure out what it is. And yes the PASS key thing was a security thing, the key for the car has that little black bump with the silver colored plate in it right? Each key is vehicle specific and the car wont start without that key, but a copy can run all the accesories.
Netural saftey switch... Its under the dash right above the clutch pedal.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't think it would be the PASS key. He said it's not even cranking. If it's not cranking, that means something else. If it was the PASS key it would crank and get fuel, but the security system would prevent it from getting spark I believe. Correct me if I am wrong here.

I would start with the clutch safety switch. Start by turn the key forward and pumping the clutch to see if it starts to crank at all. If that doesn't work, replace it and check the contacts and make sure they aren't corroded. If that's not it, tell him to have the starter tested. Start with the small things first.

Plus, as nice as it is you're helping this guy, I hope your not planning on paying for any of the repairs because it's his problem now. If it was running perfectly fine when you had it, then it's not your problem.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:11 PM
4th Gear Member

thenuetral safety switchis deff good place to start(my dad had his switch removed on his camaro. bad idea btw, he never started it on accident, but i've heard of it happening.) or even maybe, he's not pushing clutch in far enough to engage switch(where my money's at, cuz it jus randomly stopped working, a NSS should work if you wiggle your foot when depressed). a switch should only be about 50bucks, i think thats what it was when i thought it was bad on mine.

my saturn's switch on clutch is jus called clutch switch, it has a "neutral safety switch" on the actual shifter, and when it's in nuetral, my back up lights come on, and my day time driving lights on front turn off. it's wierd.