93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

So I have a crank door and an electric door!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 01:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default So I have a crank door and an electric door!

Ok my car is a rebuilt title.I always knew my passenger door was replaced because of the interior trim.However my car is base and is all manual.The passenger tho had a hole as to where the window crank would go.I further inspectioned and i found it weird when I sticked my finger inside the hole to not feel anything around.Im like damn now I gotta go to the junk and get me the rear mechanical system.

Well yesterday,I decided to paint my interior trim piece in red to give it some life.So as im removing the panel plastic where the door lever and lock are I see a bunch of cables .... As I look inside and im like damn snaps this is an electric door bummers!!!

I've really being hating the fact I can't lower my window in this florida weather,not because its hot but because I love "free air"(lol.) So fellas is there a way I can get the power window to work? Im kinda pissed, was really looking forward to getting that window down asap.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 PM
3rd Gear Member

Go to the junk yard and grab a manual door and swap the guts out. To get a power door to work is a pain in the ***. Alot of wiring to do that.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear member

How difficult is it to take your power door out and put in a manual? My husband has threatened to do that to mine since my window needs some work. I'm getting it painted in a few months anyway.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

Why would you want to go from power to manual? If everything is connected and works then leave it. If it doesn't work it's most likely a fuse or motor.

Going from a manual to power is more of a pain then just swapping the guts of the door.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 3800camaro
Why would you want to go from power to manual? If everything is connected and works then leave it. If it doesn't work it's most likely a fuse or motor.

Going from a manual to power is more of a pain then just swapping the guts of the door.
Hubby said it would be easier to change the door than to bother trying to get to the motor in the window. It was working perfectly fine going down and then when I went to roll it back, not a sound out of it. I prefer the manual windows now. We have half of our cars needing power windows worked on.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 3800camaro
Go to the junk yard and grab a manual door and swap the guts out. To get a power door to work is a pain in the ***. Alot of wiring to do that.

Yup Ima have to do this...How much is a fair price for a door with gutted door panels? Cause the junkyard I go to that has these f-bodies the cars are so stripped its ridiculous.So a door missing the panels can't really be worth more than $70 bucks imo lol...

Old 06-08-2011, 01:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by budsysmith
Hubby said it would be easier to change the door than to bother trying to get to the motor in the window. It was working perfectly fine going down and then when I went to roll it back, not a sound out of it. I prefer the manual windows now. We have half of our cars needing power windows worked on.

Alright well if its not the control module,fuse or relay than I want you to give this a try.Im optimistic it might work.Gave results on 2 stangs I owned! (Just don't tell anyone here I had ponies LoL!)

Directly to matter,So yea well at the bottom of the door right around the middle,give it about 3 mild side punches and flick that switch. Worked like a charm on these and them motors were perfect. Learned this trick from an old dog, it happens and can happen to any car. Mechanism just jams,so those mild knocks make it snap out of it by unjamming it. Pretty cool stuff, hopefully this helped ya out!