93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

SLP Bilsteins made my 3.8L feel like a new car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

Guys guys guys...don't get so upset over the fact that my car is Pewter...you can't all Pew Pew on the streets like I do.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Overdrive Member
Exclamation

Come on, resorting to ad hominem attacks because you have been shown information that contradicts your choice? Calling Sam Strano an idiot, and myself for being the messenger -- maybe you should spend a few minutes and call Strano about suspension advice:
http://stranoparts.com

He's ONLY won 15 SCCA Championships (of the Nationwide variety, not regional, divisional type stuff). Sounds like suspension idiot material to me.

Originally Posted by evilkal
Work fine for me. I didn't read your links because you usually post a bunch of crap that means nothing to me. I had KYBs before and they are supposedly good for handling. My QA1s are better. Sue me for trial and error. I don't use lowering springs and the QA1s are better for the track. Sometimes you are such an idiot -_-

Old 10-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

Yeah but where are his credentials??

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
He's ONLY won 15 SCCA Championships (of the Nationwide variety, not regional, divisional type stuff). Sounds like suspension idiot material to me.

can sarcasm be detected over the internet?

Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 AM
4th Gear Member

And I still say my QA1s work fine... As I said the first time. You are an idiot. Sam Strano is not. Do my QA1s handle fine for my needs? Hell yes. For his? Probably not.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Overdrive Member
Talking

Sure, that's why they invented emoticons -- if they are used...

Originally Posted by Murda99v6
Yeah but where are his credentials??

can sarcasm be detected over the internet?

Old 10-25-2010, 06:40 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I have the KYB adjustables and they seem to handle pretty good all around, I've never tried the bilstiens, but I like the fact that the KYB's are adjustable and it took me a few weeks to get them to where they felt good. I really want to go with air ride down the road, but that's a lot of logistics to work out before I go there.

Evil, just let this go man, if they work for you then great. There's no sense calling names over shocks.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Overdrive Member
Lightbulb

Supposedly KYB AGXs are good based on cost and adjustability, but aren't the greatest dampers in terms of build quality or how they really work when the roads aren't perfect. The AGX's are adjustable, in a sort of crude way -- the adjustment on the AGX adjusts rebound AND compression together, even if you don't want to adjust both.

Bilsteins are built better, ride better and have a better warranty -- you will need to replace many other shocks twice before you'd need to replace a Bilstein once.

FYI, Strano generally recommends in this order: Koni, SLP Bilstein, KYB AGX, Tokico.

Originally Posted by greenarrow
I have the KYB adjustables and they seem to handle pretty good all around, I've never tried the bilstiens, but I like the fact that the KYB's are adjustable and it took me a few weeks to get them to where they felt good. I really want to go with air ride down the road, but that's a lot of logistics to work out before I go there.

Evil, just let this go man, if they work for you then great. There's no sense calling names over shocks.

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 10-25-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:26 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah, agreed. I think for a street car that nots autox or drag they are pretty good for what I use my car for. Mabye latter I'll get the air ride I want.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 AM
4th Gear Member

I wish I could afford Koni shocks

Old 10-26-2010, 10:15 AM
2nd Gear member

Liberty, Do the Bilstein fronts come with the snap ring installed on the shock body? I've taken apart my old original shocks/springs and pulled the spring seat off the shock. Just wondering if I need to fight with the snap ring too...

BTW, this is what one of my originals looked like when I removed it. As soon as I saw the top nut condition I moved v e r y c a r e f u l l y to hold it away from me and place it in safe place in my outdoor shed. It sure looked like a hand grenade with the pin pulled to me.

Attached Thumbnails SLP Bilsteins made my 3.8L feel like a new car!-pa220070.jpg  

Quick Reply: SLP Bilsteins made my 3.8L feel like a new car!