93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

SLP Bilsteins made my 3.8L feel like a new car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Overdrive Member

Here's a couple of my SS:
http://www.chicago5thgen.com/members...o-ss-vert.html

RS:
http://www.chicago5thgen.com/members...-rs-coupe.html

Originally Posted by Murda99v6
Hey Liberty, you have any pics of your cars or threads with pics of your cars? I've never seen them and was just interested.

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 10-23-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:57 PM
3rd Gear Member

Found them for quite a bit cheaper on LMperformance.

http://www.lmperformance.com/839/1.html

$570ish. I plan on doing these after I finish the exhaust up; but I do have a strut tower brace incoming, I'd check those out too Liberty.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Overdrive Member

^Woa, what are you talking about?!
$371.46!:
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1254

Old 10-24-2010, 12:12 AM
3rd Gear Member

Woah, I looked at the wrong thing my bad lol. I looked up the Bilstein shock and spring combo on WS6.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

Nice cars...I couldnt remember my account info to log into camaro5thgen...took me a while. I like white and dark blue camaros - jealous.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Overdrive Member

^ Thanks. So why did you get silver if you like other colors more?

I flew one-way out to Raleigh, NC to get my SS and drove it back through the twisties in the smokies -- sometimes it's worth going out of your way for what you REALLY want.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Two Cylinders Short of Win

Well first off its PEWTER! lol. I sold my GTP, planning on not needing it for a little while, and then a month later I had a need for the car again. I ran across an acquaintance who had this one for sale with 56k miles and he let me "finance" it through him with no interest or real contract. If it weren't for those factors, I probably wouldn't be in a Camaro at all. Now that I'm into these cars, researching and absorbing every day, I know a lot of different options I would've been picky about, but its ok - it's still a fun little car.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:49 AM
4th Gear Member

I like my QA1s but I do go to the track a good deal. As for handling, they do great. I never said they were the best for ride comfort ;P I do not use lowering springs either. My guess is Sam is going by the results with lowering springs more than stock. No the QA1s aren't great but they kick *** on the track and do pretty good for handling. If I wanted a car that rode like a luxury car, I'd buy one

All in all, I love my QA1s. Look into some UMI LCAs if you're wanting some traction assistance Better bushings will help the stockers but they just don't prevent wheel hop well enough and it seems to me like they just don't keep the rear down at all. Felt like mine just wanted to jump right off the pavement. Do you have the 3.08/3.23 open rear? If so it won't be as much as a problem for ya but if you get a LSD, you will hate your stockers haha.

Last edited by evilkal; 10-24-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Overdrive Member
Exclamation

No, ya better re-read the links I posted -- he said they basically suck all around for handling, and have NO CHANCE with lowering springs, and the Bilsteins are better at handling. Never did he talk about comfort. Actually if you want a comfort ride, get Monroe Sensatracs -- then you can drive your Camaro as if it were a big old Cadillac -- BLAH! STAY AWAY FROM MONROE ON CAMAROS!

The only reason someone should get QA1s is for a strip car, that basically stays off normal streets. If you believe differently, go post here and just watch the piranhas!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-16/

Yea, I still have the open rear in the RS -- have to check RPOs for which gear it is.

Originally Posted by evilkal
I like my QA1s but I do go to the track a good deal. As for handling, they do great. I never said they were the best for ride comfort ;P I do not use lowering springs either. My guess is Sam is going by the results with lowering springs more than stock. No the QA1s aren't great but they kick *** on the track and do pretty good for handling. If I wanted a car that rode like a luxury car, I'd buy one

All in all, I love my QA1s. Look into some UMI LCAs if you're wanting some traction assistance Better bushings will help the stockers but they just don't prevent wheel hop well enough and it seems to me like they just don't keep the rear down at all. Felt like mine just wanted to jump right off the pavement. Do you have the 3.08/3.23 open rear? If so it won't be as much as a problem for ya but if you get a LSD, you will hate your stockers haha.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:43 PM
4th Gear Member

Work fine for me. I didn't read your links because you usually post a bunch of crap that means nothing to me. I had KYBs before and they are supposedly good for handling. My QA1s are better. Sue me for trial and error. I don't use lowering springs and the QA1s are better for the track. Sometimes you are such an idiot -_-

Quick Reply: SLP Bilsteins made my 3.8L feel like a new car!