93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

problems while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: problems while accelerating

well i got it scanned and those were the only things they found wrong they checked everything and i have been havin a problem while accelerating so i thought i would just tell him that info
if any sensor is bad it will throw off the whole computer they told me too

Old 01-23-2008, 06:06 PM

every information is appreciated!

could you guys recommend any internet shop that would be able to send those parts to Europe? not all items can be found on ebay and summitracing does not support paypal payments...

and one more question - in case I will have my fuel pump replaced (which I understand also requires the removal of the rear axle) is it advisable to replace also rear struts (which I would like to have replaced also) at the same time? or those two things are not that connected so it is not expedient?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes

try checking the transmission fluid first. my camaro sat for a couple of years and the trans was not working very well and when the t.fluid got in it, it started to work better.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: adam_reznicek

every information is appreciated!

could you guys recommend any internet shop that would be able to send those parts to Europe? not all items can be found on ebay and summitracing does not support paypal payments...

and one more question - in case I will have my fuel pump replaced (which I understand also requires the removal of the rear axle) is it advisable to replace also rear struts (which I would like to have replaced also) at the same time? or those two things are not that connected so it is not expedient?
On Paypal, have you tried using the "credit card" feature they have. All it does is make up a one time credit card number and info that's linked to your account. That way if a site doesn't accept Paypal, you can still purchase from them... If you're doing the fuel pump yourself, you don't need to remove the rear axle. You can cut a "trap door" in the trunk area to access it from there. Though if you're having someone else do it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them replace the shocks. It's not too hard to do yourself though, if you're interested.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:38 AM

i had a jeep cherokee before i got my camaro and it did the same thing. it was the fuel pump. but a little advice... take it to a trusted shop and do not buy the part seperate. i got screwed. i had to have it replaced 5 times in 1 month, paying labor each time. no shop installed it right cuz i was just looking for the lowest price. i got screwed out of a couple grand, dont make that mistake, buy the part form the shop and if they screw up then they will cover labor and the part. but it definitely sounds like your fuel pump.

oh, and anyone know how much a haynes manual is, i forgot...i had one for the jeep and it was wonderful but now i need one for the camaro.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:42 PM

i had this problem and it was the cat converter.