93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

problems while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: problems while accelerating

Sounds like a fuel problem, may want to check all electrical connections to the fuel pump, looking for corrosion or loose connections that could be dropping the voltage to the pump. Your 3.4 does not use a MAF, the MAP runs the show, so check the electrical and vacuum connections to the MAP sensor.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 AM

maybe a stupid question but is there a specific part "fuel pressure regulator" in V6 3,4? I cannot find it neither in haynes nor on ebay...

Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Droid

The fuel pressure regulator on the 3.4 is part of the fuel injection rack, and according to the FSM it must be replaced as a unit with the fuel rack. However, after market rebuilding kits are available from many part stores.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:32 PM
2nd Gear member

I am just throwing out a guess here, but wasn't there a sensor that measured how much throttle is opened? TPS I think? Could it be a malfunction in the TPS that results inthe sending of improper data on how wide the throttle is opened to the PCM?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

yea there is the trottle position sensor and the idle air control valve
the IAC valve control the air and fuel mixture
currently i was having problems accelerating and driving period i was getting a misfire and a bad shaking
took it and got it scanned and found out my IAC valve motor had went out so i have to get that replaced and engine coolant temperature sensor and that should stop the acceleration and misfire problem
does ur car idle high?

Old 01-23-2008, 03:08 AM

yes, it idles showly higher than it should (at about 1000-1100 rpm) and certainly it does not "hold" idle - the rpms always seem to go up and down a little...

Old 01-23-2008, 06:36 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: 3.4CamaroCDOG

yea there is the trottle position sensor and the idle air control valve
the IAC valve control the air and fuel mixture
currently i was having problems accelerating and driving period i was getting a misfire and a bad shaking
took it and got it scanned and found out my IAC valve motor had went out so i have to get that replaced and engine coolant temperature sensor and that should stop the acceleration and misfire problem
does ur car idle high?
Just so you know. The IAC valve does only one thing. Maintains air to the engine when throttle body is closed (bypasses throttle body). It failing too far open can result in high idle.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 AM

thanks. and can this have affect on the issues i have described?
problems with idle are something that I could live with for some time, but the rest just makes my car useless...

Old 01-23-2008, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member

aw well i guess the engine coolant temperature sensor is causing my misfire and insufficient fuel suppliage

Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Overdrive Member

I don't think the IAC will have an affect on the rough running, as PCM will see how much air is coming in and adjust fuel trims accordingly.

Quick Reply: problems while accelerating