93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

noisy rear end

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:35 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yep do some callin around and see if you can find a good used posi rear assembly at a good price. otherwise it would be wise to pick up a ring and pinion with a install kit with bearings and have it installed. like said your looking at about 400 bucks for that so keep that in mind as your getting quotes for used ones.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Overdrive Member

LOL babies and Camaros work together just fine. I have had my Camaro since my daughter was 9 months old still in a rear facing seat, she is in a forward facing seat now. My son is 4 yrs old and he sits behind me in a booster seat. I have to have him cross his legs in the back since I am 6' and my seat is almost all the way back. I rolled up a towell and placed it in the deep part of the seat's bucket and another on top to protect the seat from the rubbing of the car seat. This keeps the seat nice and level just like it is supposed to be. I didnt find getting the car seat in and out all that bad really.

As for the diff I would have that one done by professionals. It is one part of the car that requires tools that cost more than the servicing will just to get it right. I have access to the tools through my Dad but I am not going to pretend that I know how to properly use them for such a critical part of my car. I can set a Ford 9 but that is a totally different critter.

Massey

Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I got rid of two Camaros a short time after I got married. Do I regret it? no, It was what I had to do at the time. With both of us working both cars had to be kid friendly. Massey sugar coated it a bit. You get a pissed off 2 year old that is fighting you, getting them in the back of a camaro can be, well a challange. If they are mad enough to kick you then driving will be, well a challange. The kids can not see well from the back seat and tend to not like the ride.

Once the 3rd kid arived we got the "required" mini van. Let me tell you I hated everything about a mini-van until I had three kids. My wife became a full time Mom drives us everywhere as a family, it so nice to travel with the kids in the mini van, watching DVD or playing games that we never took my car anywhere. Best part is it so big inside they can not pick on eachother without leaning way over and risking be caught

After a few years my car was just for my use. I started to get cars I wanted as daily drivers. I started with a 5 passanger Monte SS just incase but moved back to a Camaro since the kids rarely road in the Monte.

Last edited by Gorn; 09-27-2010 at 12:10 PM.