93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

New to the camaro need some info

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Default New to the camaro need some info

Hello all i have a very good friend of mine that just bought a 2000 camaro 3.8 auto stock. I am trying to help him mod it. I am not sure what mods the camaro take best to. I am a mustang ower. He told me he wants to hang with my car but i told him he will need some work before he can. I really would like to help him out i just don't know if the same mods for stang are the best for his camaro. I am trying to teach him how to work on the car himself. So any info would help out. Thanks

Old 03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: New to the camaro need some info

HOld up man, you say that its your freinds car but yet you have the login name of the car. Well what ever, anyway the best mods for the camaro are the simplist. Exhaust, headers, intake, chip, shift kit. Your mustang just went to the pastor if he does all of this. Even if its a gt.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:59 PM

I am just trying to be nice here don't want any trouble i am using his user name just trying to help him out thats all. I happen to like the camaro. He just wants to get the jump on me off the start since all i do is spin 1st thru 2nd. I told him he would get me now. Just trying to get him more power thats all. Also what is the best oil to use for it. I use royal purple.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Same. Hey I am just busting on you because you have a ford. You know what ford stands for right. F**ked Over Rebuilt Dodge, Found On Roads Dead, Forced Off Roads Daily, Fu**ked On Race Day, I could continue but I won't. No offense but I have to have fun. Chevy= Can Hear Every Valve Yelling.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:52 PM
2nd Gear member

yo, 96 chill on the guy, hes a guest.
actually stock for stock the 3.8 camaro will beat a mustang GT in the long run, just not off the light.
royal purple is good, but i allways recommend nothing but MOBIL1 in camaro's
keep us updated on your buddy's car.

hey 96, i like the ford abbreviations, chevy is the best, but i herd a good one.

Can Hear Every Valve Rattle Oil Leaks Engine Ticks

got that from the mustang forums, while taunting lol.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

im chillin, but I have to have alittle fun right? Shure anyways that whole rivalry between camaros and mustangs will continue. But I predict it will end when Chevrolet comes back out with the Camaro in 2007-9 hopefully 2007. Then the mustang will finaly be able to rest in the pastor. Where it came from. LOL just for fun guys don't take this seriously.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:40 PM

Hey Guys i worked on my buddy's car for him Friday. Man the coolant looked really bad. It was all gummed up. I did a flushed and fill and it helped alot. I put the green stuff back in i was told at the auto place not to use dex cool because it is know to gum up very bad. I changed his oil with Castrol Syth. 10-30 and Put a K&N air filter in it for him. Changed his plugs man that was a pain in the a**. Why did Chevy use metal sheilds over the plug wire with a spring in it. That made it hard to get the wires off. He is also leaking power steering fluid i found the leak at the bottom of the pump the hose is cracked. I add more fluid and recut the line and everything was good. How do you do the Seafoam on that car i did not see any lines to put it in. That and i noticed it has a electronic Trottle sucks i could not get the trottle body open to clean it i did clean everthing from the front trottle body to the filter needed it bad there was sand all in the airbox. I car is running much better know he is very happy with it. It is a little faster know and the trottle reponse is very good. Let me know the best way to put the seafoam in the motor thanks for all your help. And it is cool i have always liked both chevy and Ford. I had a 3100 berretta before the Stang. It was worked with basic bolt-ons. I would still have it today if the fire-wall would not have started to leak.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear member

Sorry to nit pick but its "pasture" not "pastor", a pastor is a minister at a church of some sort, a pasture is a large open feild; usually very grassy.