93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

need information on an v6 to ls1 swap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:54 AM

I can under stand that but I dont like being like every one else and I like the challenge of doing something a lot of people dont usually do. I'll try and be sure to post more stuff on here, I have just never been a fan of forum pages probable cause I really don't know how to use them that much. It will be awhile before I start the engine swap but I will Hold you to nominating me once it's done and running GORN! First I am just getting all my ducks in a row and doing all the research i can so I'm not going into it blind.

I know I need:
Computer, wiring harness, front k member, fuel pump, gauge cluster, tranny, front springs, stronger rear end, radiator and cooling fans.

Am I missing any thing?

Old 02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
H2C
2nd Gear member

Yeah if im not mistaken you will also need, everything brake related, everything suspension related, everything drive train related and everything computer and electric related. I think that sums it up.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Your not getting it, You need a donor car. There is almost no shared parts between v6 and V8. It would be easier to list the parts you do not need to switch. Under the hood, I think the master cylinder is the same. Under the dash I think you can use the duct work.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

yeah, dude noones trying to tell you youre a moron or anything but anyone whos not a very very well seasoned mechanic will surely fail at this swap unless you have a complete donor car and the 6er and months and months to do it,,, you are basically cutting the front end off a z and putting it in place of the 6ers front end,,, dont think of it as a engine swap but more of a half a car swap

Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Overdrive Member

Depending on the years of the doner to the subject car is going to determine what you dont need to change and what you do.

If you have a 98+ subject car you can LEAVE (since this is the shorter list)
Seats, carpet, shifter, heater unit, master cyl. front suspension, headliner, taillights and taillight wiring.

If you are putting the LS1 in a 93-97 you can keep.
Seats, Carpet, Headliner, Master Cyl, shifter... Yup that is about it.

Massey

Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM
2nd Gear member

Hahaha Massey you soo look like a typical Camaro driver!

To 2000 project...... I have access to a full garage with hoists, engine stands, lifts, air tools, body bay, paint booth, you name it! It's a military auto club where I am a member. I also have quite a bit of knowledge and have friends with alot of knowledge too and have done engine swaps. And, I will not do an engine swap to a LT1 or LS1. It would also probably not cost me a whole lot to do it aither. It's the fact that it is a huge time investment and alot of work.

Now if this is something you have your heart set on, then kudos to you! I'll help you as much as I can with questions and wish you the best of luck. Make sure you have all the tools you need and at least 1 other person helping you!

Old 02-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by mrfreez
Hahaha Massey you soo look like a typical Camaro driver!

How do you know how I look?

Massey

Old 02-05-2011, 09:08 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Massey
How do you know how I look?

Massey
Oh, that wasn't you shining up the white camaro on the first page? Thought it was. My bad.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Overdrive Member

NO not me! I was behind the camera on that one. That is the guy that owns that car drying it off after giving it a nice bath.

Massey

Old 02-05-2011, 03:59 PM

Ya well unfortunately for me I am kindda stubborn that way. I also have access to all of the military do it your self auto shops and have all the tools I need back home. I know a donor car would help out alot but finding one is the hard part most of them are missing the majority of what I need, I have been looking. I can find the computer gauges and wiring harness no problem thou and every thing else I can buy new just makes it more pricey but for the finished product it will actually work better. The only thing that will take me some time to find is the tranny.

Quick Reply: need information on an v6 to ls1 swap!!!