93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

need help with lower intake gasket job!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 66fordman
I have been following your repairs. I think We have all been there at some point.Your issue with the smoke just might be residue burning off.
Good idea pulling the battery terminals. The ECM just needed to "relearn".As far as auto zone, (I only speak of two stores in my area).USELESS! Plugs for a 94 Camaro 3.4, only 4 in stock, Upper rad hose "We can have one here tomorrow" 3 coil packs "we only have 2".
yeah i believe it was just residue as well, it no longer smokes, and i dont seem to be losing oil since ive been watching it like a hawk lol.

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
My hometown one is full of idiots. Try explaining to them that your car as shocks on the front and not struts and they think you're stupid (which is why I work at Advance and not there). Another one in Waynesburg, PA couldn't even install a battery right for my friends friend. They didn't tighten the terminal...like seriously?

Disconnecting the battery is one way of doing it. But resetting the computer may have fixed it for the short term or long term. Let us know if it does it again.
it seems to be running just fine still. gassed her up and been driving around for a good hour or so around the city and it runs with zero issues so far. its insane how much better this car runs now. the people i got it from neglected it horribly. the spark plugs i pulled from it alone were in terrible condition, and there were 2 or 3 different brands and gaps. the oil was black and gritty, the coolant was caked with dex cool sludge (which im currently trying to flush out now).

but as for autozone...i believe its the people who work at the place to be honest. there is maybe one guy that knows what hes talking about when i go to autozone. the rest try to sell me things i really dont need. idk if they get commission for what they sell or what but they are always trying to sell me stuff i dont need with some bogus story behind why i should get it.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

heres the plugs when i pulled them a few weeks back.

Attached Thumbnails need help with lower intake gasket job!-spark-plugs.jpg