93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

lambo doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

you try finding a nice stock looking 4th gen around mobile, they're few and far between. if RS96LSU still posted on here he'd vouch for me on that. All of them have bodykits and extreme paint jobs and are all extremely distasteful. I get sick of seeing that stuff every day and being challenged by one at every red light. The way I see it, that $200 and all that effort could've gone to something much more productive and much less damaging to the car, such as a bigger cam maybe? or maybe the chunk from a Z28 in a junkyard??? maybe a better rear diff cover? I'll explain it the way my grandfather did "they did it like that at the factory for a reason".

Old 05-18-2010, 04:38 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by SSV6
you try finding a nice stock looking 4th gen around mobile, they're few and far between. if RS96LSU still posted on here he'd vouch for me on that. All of them have bodykits and extreme paint jobs and are all extremely distasteful. I get sick of seeing that stuff every day and being challenged by one at every red light. The way I see it, that $200 and all that effort could've gone to something much more productive and much less damaging to the car, such as a bigger cam maybe? or maybe the chunk from a Z28 in a junkyard??? maybe a better rear diff cover? I'll explain it the way my grandfather did "they did it like that at the factory for a reason".
don't know if i would judge 4th gen availability by what is available around mobile. and this isn't about getting someone to vouch for you or not. it's about someone customizing his car the way he wants to because he can. in reality, there isn't that many lambo door 4ths out there. i have seen one in my area. hey, if you were going to chop up a camaro, i am all for using ones that aren't a special model, (Z-28, SLP, SS, etc)

Old 05-18-2010, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member

so you're saying the $200 couldn't have been spent more wisely??? We can debate about this all day, there's 3 of em here and one of them is in fact an SS. Either way, its making show without go... actually taking away from the go by compromising the integrity of the frame.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:57 PM
ROTM Director

Originally Posted by SSV6
so you're saying the $200 couldn't have been spent more wisely??? We can debate about this all day, there's 3 of em here and one of them is in fact an SS. Either way, its making show without go... actually taking away from the go by compromising the integrity of the frame.
three what here? not sure what you mean.

hey, if buddy wants to go and challenge someone thinking his lambo doors give him extra power, his problem.

what i am saying about that $200 is that it's his $200 to spend. not mine, not yours. if i didn't have a lot, and i had $200 to drop, it would go to a tune, not doors. but that's just me. rather not look as cool but have a bit more power first.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

3 camaros with lambo doors.

Ok, now, would you cut the frame or the fenders of your car?

Old 05-18-2010, 05:04 PM
ROTM Director

me personally? nope. i can't see myself ever doing lambo doors.

him, well, if he did indeed compromise the structural integrity of his car, then lambo doors that don't line up when they close will the very least of his worries

Old 05-18-2010, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

cracked windshield was mentioned already, worst case scenario: he gets into a wreck and the car folds up like a piece of paper. He just made new stress points.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:27 PM
ROTM Director

his loss then. like i said, for me, it's not my car, and i congratulate him for doing something different. beyond that, ya, i probably wouldn't do it to a car i own without some other way of strengthening the frame.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

best thing for him now, a 2x4 for each side to put on those doors when they're up, that way nobody takes a shot to the head, and a nice welded in roll cage. otherwise its a rolling death trap.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks man . but everyone the facts are its a 94 4th gen "v6 Auto hard-top 181k" it needs something "cool" and this way its cool is its not like everyone else and all u die hard camaro fans where were u last fri-sun camaro fest in indy

Last edited by 94Rockin3.4; 05-19-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: lambo doors