93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

lambo doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Anyone who says they haven't thought of lambo doors on their 4th gen is lying. Either that or they've never had to stuff their car into a tiny parking spot. I mean these door are enormous, you can't even get outta the damn car after parking it. Any Camaro owner will tell you stories about how they had to get outta the hatch cause the parking spot was too small for the door.

So I don't know what's all the beef with something that could actually be practical for this car.

Granted, no one wants a car that its door can't fully close or closes up on you when you don't expect it to. So as long as that thing work...I say congrats man, the car looks sick.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

too many haters...good job man looks good. details on how it got together? did you ever have to cut the fenders?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanx everyone and yes i had to cut 3 inches off the fender but i cut it in a curve so it still has a factory look and i cut 6 inches of metal so that the hinge could sit flat in this pic u can see it. n the curve of the car lets the 2 top bolts go in but the bottom will stay out 2 1/2 inches so i cut a pipe n made a sleeve for the bolt so now its all tight to the car

Attached Thumbnails lambo doors-my-chevy2.jpg  
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes

just a back view

Attached Thumbnails lambo doors-035.jpg  
Old 05-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Wait, did you cut away part of your hinge pillar? That's what it looks like in the pic. That's a structural point, so if you cut it away I hope you plan on boxing it in and welding it all up before things start to tweak and you snap your windshield, or worse.
And, is it hard getting in and out of the car? Do you have to do the Lambo Limbo?

Old 05-07-2010, 02:11 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Wait, did you cut away part of your hinge pillar? That's what it looks like in the pic. That's a structural point, so if you cut it away I hope you plan on boxing it in and welding it all up before things start to tweak and you snap your windshield, or worse.
And, is it hard getting in and out of the car? Do you have to do the Lambo Limbo?
That is why I wanted to see some real photobucket sized photos, to see just what he had to do to the car to install these things. It seems like some serious hacking had to take place in order to get them to work. Plus it seems like that is a lot of weight to flip up like that. It just seems like a bad design alltogether. I'm not saying it isn't original or handy at all. I'm curious as to what was done is all.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:02 PM

not as bad as I thought they would be

Old 05-18-2010, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Post some bigger pictures man.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

well, first this thread had me laughing, then it had me shocked, now it has me crying. you've done irreversible damage to your car. not only did you CUT THE FRAME, but you added more moving parts to break. Parts that if they break at the right time could hurt someone. Sure, I've had to put the top down once or twice to get out of my car and leave it down while I went inside wherever I was, but I'd rather do that than mutilate another of the dying 4th gen breed. Sorry, but I think this was an all around bad idea. now that you've cut your frame, be sure to let us know when the gaps between your "super cool euro doors" and your mutilated fenders start getting wider.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by SSV6
well, first this thread had me laughing, then it had me shocked, now it has me crying. you've done irreversible damage to your car. not only did you CUT THE FRAME, but you added more moving parts to break. Parts that if they break at the right time could hurt someone. Sure, I've had to put the top down once or twice to get out of my car and leave it down while I went inside wherever I was, but I'd rather do that than mutilate another of the dying 4th gen breed. Sorry, but I think this was an all around bad idea. now that you've cut your frame, be sure to let us know when the gaps between your "super cool euro doors" and your mutilated fenders start getting wider.
easy on the hating. if you look on the title, i am pretty sure it has his name, not yours.

still plenty of 4th's around. enough that people can get a little creative. it's not like he chopped up a 35th SS or something more rare. good for him for doing something different, and seriously, if the best you can do is try to run him down, then why bother posting?

Quick Reply: lambo doors