93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Keep Breaking transmission mounts

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
1st Gear Member

you should try energy suspension's poly unit. there stiffer then stock but good enough for the street, and they got a nice little interlock.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by craby
if your stabilizer bar is lose, it may be that the extra movement caused by not having it hooked up has worn the bushings in the control arms and banhard bar. if the rearend is moving sideways then it will pull on the mount to the side and up when you take off. worn or lose motor mounts will do the same so check the motor mount bolts and make sure there tight. is the mount lining up when you replace it?
i really appreciate you taking the time to give me detailed info craby..lemme try explaining this a lil better..ill post up pics soon because i can only describe so much..basically i thnk i messed up because im saying rear stabalizer bar but now that i looked up pics and stuff online i see that what im rly talking about is the rear sway bar..sry..i believe there is NO rear sway bar back there, there are two hooks one on each side on the inner wheel and they're jus hanging..I dont know on these cars if thasts normal or there is supposed to be a bar ( rear sway/strut bar ) that connects to the rear control arms or links or w.e is back there to have a tighter feeling back there..what you said about the whole looseness back there effecting the movement of the mount itself snds rly sound..i didnt even think of it like that. so basically im taking it to a mechanic this week I havent been doing much of the work myself because im restoring a car of mine so I bring the cammy to a good friend of mine..hes gonna check out the wear on the motor mounts/tranny mount and he'll tell me how the lining up goes when i bring him the parts.

Originally Posted by craby
i have not broke one sense i relocated the torque bar mount. http://www.spohn.net/shop/1993-1997-...d-Torque-Arms/
okay a question about this because im not famaliar with rwd coupe suspensions..this torque bar mount..which exactly is that one on the link you provided the one that goes for like 300 bucks?..also when you say relocate..what exactly is involved? is this considered a mod for the camaro.."torque bar mount relocation"? im not grasping the concept of this..thanks a ton in advance pal!

Old 12-21-2010, 06:07 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

it relocates the torque bar connection from the transmission to the body of the car.
Name:  P4120002.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  67.0 KB

Old 12-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Are you sure the motor mounts are in good condition. Open your hood and get someone to watch your engine. Place the trans in reverse, hold brake and apply a small amount of power. If the mount is broken the engine will raise up. Repeat in forward to check the mount on the opposite side. Motor mounts can look fine and still be broken. Good luck...............Toni