93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Getting into a fourth gen

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 05:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by ThisGuy68
Aren't Z-rated tired for speeds above 149mph? Don't think it's necessary to spend that kind of money on tires, brakes would be better as far as safety. A V6 is NEVER going to do 150, unless it's highly modded.

Anyway, to the original poster, if you don't feel your need for speed being satisfied I would recommend just getting an older motorcycle. I paid $600 for a 1984 700cc magna and it is a lot of fun. Really helped me bridge the gap until I got my Z28 back. Not to mention insurance is MUCH more affordable.

Haha yeah...I really really hate bikes street or dirt, more of a four-wheel kinda guy, but I know what you're saying, a slow bike destroys a decent car.

Too previous posters, I haven't driven the camaro much because of the 3 feet of snow now sitting on our roads but the little I did when I first picked it up I saw 29mpg (most of driving on that tank was hwy with cruise on and it IS a five speed). It was pretty chill driving tho, didn't need any trouble when it wasn't licensed yet, and the previous owner just did full tuneup and the motor is very VERY clean. Ill keep an eye on the mileage to make sure its accurrate when spring rolls around, but out of all my research 30 doesn't seem unheard of from these motors if they are driven nicely with the five speed.

Haha, yeah z-rated tires might be overkill for a daily driver camaro, though im sure they improve handling a little bit just because of compound and available tread designs. I will probably just by some nice all season tires, since I may every now and then need it in the winter.

Thanks all for the info and advice!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Oh I have another question. Underneath my remote hatch release button there is a red semi-translucent switch. It doesn't really match the rest of the dash so I figured it was a switch for some accessory, but its is installed so properly that I was wondering if it wasn't for something factory? During deer season I read my manual cover to cover and it didn't mention anything about it. Anyone have any idea or is it just an after market addition from P.O. ?

Thanks

Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schuy69
Oh I have another question. Underneath my remote hatch release button there is a red semi-translucent switch. It doesn't really match the rest of the dash so I figured it was a switch for some accessory, but its is installed so properly that I was wondering if it wasn't for something factory? During deer season I read my manual cover to cover and it didn't mention anything about it. Anyone have any idea or is it just an after market addition from P.O. ?

Thanks
Its for the ejection seat! Hope you have T tops! J/K I don't know