93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

coolent fans not working plz help me !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default coolent fans not working plz help me !!!!!!!!!

hi every one i have a sweet 94 camaro with the 3.4 lt v6 in it my engine coolent fans wont turn on I've replaced both thermostate sending units and the rely's are new also i've disconneted the computer and ran power through the wires and checked it with the voltimeter there in working order aswell. The green wire that runs from the computer to the coolent relay works as well but the brown wire from the rely back to the computer im not sure were it goes but i did track down about 75 percent of it and that works to im not sure if it is a ground but it supposed to go from the relay and go back to the computer according to the wire diagram its the brown to dark blue one so im not sure if it is a ground or not if i jump the rely the fans come on so im thinking its my computer but i always thought if the computer was junk wouldnt it just not start. so as u can see i need HELP PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh p.s. i turn the car on with every thing as it should be and connected my voltimeter to the green wire and waited for the engine to get hot and the computer didnt send a signal if this helps im not sure if its suposed to and when the car is at idle and i rev it to some were in the 2000 rpm range and then let the rpm's drop it drops below 500 and almost cuts out hope you can help

Old 08-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Droid

Try these tests, they should help you break down the problem.
https://camaroforums.com/forum/4th-g...ne-fans-54192/

Old 08-17-2011, 12:36 PM

Does the car over heat when your stopped, like at a red light? have you tried turning your a/c on when your stopped to see if the fans kick on? I had a problem like that with my wife's car and i ended up just running the fans on a toggle switch in the cabin. Its a cheap and easy fix if can remember to kick it on. Im sure you can buy a cheap kit off eBay

Old 08-20-2011, 04:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

no i have not tryed to do the a/c thing but i will as for the switch this car is in show room condition and EVERY thing works in it so im not willing to do the toggle switch thing if i cant figure it out in a few days ill send it to the shop but i already know that is expensive and i know my way around a car really well im just not that good when it comes to electrical stuff im sure u know its complicated stuff to try to work out on your own.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:15 PM
2nd Gear member

If the a/c doesnt kick on the fan, turn the heat on full blast. (like we want to do that in summer), but it will help keep it slightly cooler and prolong the over heating until you can pull off somewhere.
As for the actual problem, you can always do what I had to do to my 94 3.4l v6. I had the same problem, nothing wanted to work even though each single piece was in working order. Splice the two wires coming from the fan. ground the black wire, and i believe green is the other one? Extend that wire to a switch and from the switch extend a wire to the battery. Turn your fan on and off as you want. It wont run without the car being on so you dont have to worry about forgetting about it. If its cold outside, you wont need it. Otherwise you will get the check engine light because the engine cant get to operating temperature. If its hot, I just leave mine on though.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 4bangerhater94
Does the car over heat when your stopped, like at a red light? have you tried turning your a/c on when your stopped to see if the fans kick on? I had a problem like that with my wife's car and i ended up just running the fans on a toggle switch in the cabin. Its a cheap and easy fix if can remember to kick it on. Im sure you can buy a cheap kit off eBay
didnt mean to steal what you said by the way. I answered before I looked over everyone elses reply. Sorry.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:55 PM

If your not wanting to to do the toggle switch thats up to you, you can always just replace original part with a reproduction and everything be the same but your going to be spend a lot more. Just gave my two cents worth is all