93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Caspa - Gh0st's 96 Camaro RS Thread (LOTS OF PICS!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:44 PM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Your plate sounds like Pony Ater. Should make it PonyE8R

Old 02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Socom
Your plate sounds like Pony Ater. Should make it PonyE8R
Unfortunately, I was going for Pony Hater... and, that was the closest thing I could get. It will have to do. I hate CA sometimes.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 PM

Pretty dam sweet ride..I got a few questions tho if you don't mind..

1) that sound system you have set up is not honestly TOO loud? The way I think of it is that you 3quality amps 4+ speakers and 2 subs for such a small cabinet sized car don't your ears blow up lol if you blast the volume. I got a pretty expensive set up in my maxima its a sedan tho so naturally a larger cabinet. I just thnk for such a small car like one amp nd sub wlda been jus as good but idk honestly that's y I'm asking did you go for such a crazy set up for sound quality? I wana add an amp nd sub in my 3.4 but I'm not sure what to pick its my first coupe.

2) have you ever had any tranny issues? Do you feel a lot of vibration in the car or kicks? Do you feel like your motor/tranny mounts are up to par or generally the auto cammys don't run into those issues as soon?

Old 02-06-2011, 07:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by bklynsmoeve
Pretty dam sweet ride..I got a few questions tho if you don't mind..

1) that sound system you have set up is not honestly TOO loud? The way I think of it is that you 3quality amps 4+ speakers and 2 subs for such a small cabinet sized car don't your ears blow up lol if you blast the volume. I got a pretty expensive set up in my maxima its a sedan tho so naturally a larger cabinet. I just thnk for such a small car like one amp nd sub wlda been jus as good but idk honestly that's y I'm asking did you go for such a crazy set up for sound quality? I wana add an amp nd sub in my 3.4 but I'm not sure what to pick its my first coupe.

2) have you ever had any tranny issues? Do you feel a lot of vibration in the car or kicks? Do you feel like your motor/tranny mounts are up to par or generally the auto cammys don't run into those issues as soon?
Thanks. I've put a lot of time into her.

1: If you are in the back seat it gets a bit excessive, so I just turn the subs down when I have someone back there. Otherwise, It sounds great. I have always been huge into loud systems. If you don't want crazy I would suggest getting like the kicker setup that best buy offers.. It's like 2 Kicker subs and a 500w amp, you could then get some nice kicker door speakers and throw a 350w on them and it will sound real nice.

2: I had a tranny issue about a year ago, but it was partly my fault... I was piping and I threw it into drive to soon so it ****ed up overdrive.. It also didn't help that the guy I bought the car from didn't ever change the transmission oil, and obviously did break stands and donuts incorrectly..

Hope that helps.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Gh0st
Thanks. I've put a lot of time into her.

1: If you are in the back seat it gets a bit excessive, so I just turn the subs down when I have someone back there. Otherwise, It sounds great. I have always been huge into loud systems. If you don't want crazy I would suggest getting like the kicker setup that best buy offers.. It's like 2 Kicker subs and a 500w amp, you could then get some nice kicker door speakers and throw a 350w on them and it will sound real nice.

2: I had a tranny issue about a year ago, but it was partly my fault... I was piping and I threw it into drive to soon so it ****ed up overdrive.. It also didn't help that the guy I bought the car from didn't ever change the transmission oil, and obviously did break stands and donuts incorrectly..

Hope that helps.
Anytime man that's wassup good to hear when car owners do their own work or at least some work on their own(then just paying labor everytime..unless work or other matters obv interfer).
Of
1) ah thanks for the advice yeah ur sound system snds like the equivelant of BBK for brakes lol..but yeah I'm kinda interested in having some passengers in the rear sometimes so I think ill keep it jus one nice sized sub and one amp and then swap the speakers...are you thinking about adding any custom tweeters in there? I'm not famaliar with the door panels or pretty much where you wld b able to set up some custom tweeters but I did so on my max..jus cut out a nice fitting spot and then set up nice flush with the door panel. Also I see you have the amps siting in the back seat is there no way you could have it sitting on the roof somhow? Lol I know it snds weird but I have the amp on the roof of my trunk in my max nd I'm. Trying to remember what my cammy looks like in the back behind the seats ( jus got my cammy a month ago still getting use to wut it looks like in the back) wld there be room to put an amp and sub behind the rear seats or its not recommended.

2) aw man sry to hear that dsnt sound too good..when u say you messed up your over drive..does it completely not work? So how does your tranny feel now I mean you didn't rly say you got a rebuild or anything I'm guessing you just changed to a better quality tranny oil but does your car run fine now? How are your take offs..from a stand still does your car pull off smoothly?

Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by bklynsmoeve
Anytime man that's wassup good to hear when car owners do their own work or at least some work on their own(then just paying labor everytime..unless work or other matters obv interfer).
Of
1) ah thanks for the advice yeah ur sound system snds like the equivelant of BBK for brakes lol..but yeah I'm kinda interested in having some passengers in the rear sometimes so I think ill keep it jus one nice sized sub and one amp and then swap the speakers...are you thinking about adding any custom tweeters in there? I'm not famaliar with the door panels or pretty much where you wld b able to set up some custom tweeters but I did so on my max..jus cut out a nice fitting spot and then set up nice flush with the door panel. Also I see you have the amps siting in the back seat is there no way you could have it sitting on the roof somhow? Lol I know it snds weird but I have the amp on the roof of my trunk in my max nd I'm. Trying to remember what my cammy looks like in the back behind the seats ( jus got my cammy a month ago still getting use to wut it looks like in the back) wld there be room to put an amp and sub behind the rear seats or its not recommended.

2) aw man sry to hear that dsnt sound too good..when u say you messed up your over drive..does it completely not work? So how does your tranny feel now I mean you didn't rly say you got a rebuild or anything I'm guessing you just changed to a better quality tranny oil but does your car run fine now? How are your take offs..from a stand still does your car pull off smoothly?
1: Naw, What I have for my system now is going to stay. I don't need to add any tweeters or anything. My door speakers put out enough clarity which is good.

2: Honestly, The guy had effed up the gears so bad from his crap that when I threw it wrong it basically cracked all the teeth off the 4th gear and disconnected the OD. Then it burnt up 1/2 because I couldn't get into 4th.

I had it rebuilt, and it had a factory defect and ended up ruining my sprag and rev. Had it fixed again and now it's all fine. Most of the time my take offs are good.. Sometimes I have trouble hooking up which is strange for it being a V6, and I never hook up when I drift it or rip the turns.. but that's understandable.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Overdrive Member

The 3.8L engine spools up really fast and can easily break the tires loose. I can spin all the way through first, and well into the second gear shift and just about squak into 3rd. This is with an automatic. My Z28 can spin all the way though first but not as much through second and defidently squak in 3rd. The Z when all is done is about 50MPH but the 3.8L is only doing 30-40.

The 3.8L engine is a great power plant, even tho it only has 200HP it can keep up with alot of the V8s of its generation, and a few built today.

My experience with the 3.4L is that they run a little rough and do not have the same characteristics of the 3.8L They are much tamer and dont get the same mileage. Great engine IMO for a new driver, enough to have fun but not enough to really get into trouble.

Massey

Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Does anyone have a Go Pro Cam? I'm thinking about getting one.. I'm not sure if I should dish out the 299$ for the "Motorsport" one or just the 179$ for the 960 one.. Is the only difference that the one is 1080p and the other is 960p? If so I can deal with the 960 one..

Old 02-10-2011, 12:02 AM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

DarlingReject, Evilkal, and MusicMan all have experience with cammed 3800s. Would probably be a good idea to try to get a hold of one of them.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:13 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by WIspartan1026
DarlingReject, Evilkal, and MusicMan all have experience with cammed 3800s. Would probably be a good idea to try to get a hold of one of them.

LOL.. Was that in response to my last post? Because I was talking about the Go Pro Hero Camera..

Quick Reply: Caspa - Gh0st's 96 Camaro RS Thread (LOTS OF PICS!)