93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Camaro I found for sale looking for oppinions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Default Camaro I found for sale looking for oppinions.

I found this camaro for sale, and I've been looking for some opinions on it. especially it being rolled. It looks great for being rolled and the seller said that the frame is fine. Its cheap and I've been wanting a 3.8/5 speed/ttop camaro for a long time.

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/cto/1914313620.html

Old 08-23-2010, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I would have to pass on this, way sketchy. And with it being rolled, and with t tops, Im pretty sure the alignment is as straight as Richard Simmons. You can pick up way nicer than this.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member

And dont buy the first thing that comes up just because its what you want and you can afford it. I wanted to buy so many cars before I bought mine, and Im glad I didnt. It really pays off to wait.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:08 PM

The seller said it was rolled in snow, also, which makes sense because the body is in great shape aside from the things mentioned.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 92Cammy
The seller said it was rolled in snow, also, which makes sense because the body is in great shape aside from the things mentioned.
Which tells you that it was Winter driven. So rust is an issue. And that doesnt set aside the fact that it was still rolled, snow or not. And these "little" and "easy" fixes can nickel and dime ya.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear member

Don't buy it! Simple rule. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

Old 08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

And add some of this up, 2 window motors is around 80 bucks. Add 175 bucks or so to pull a hatch from a salvage yard. If the hatch isnt opening from the looks of it, the damage in the back may of set it out of alignment and that might explain why its like that. this car is gonna be a money pit bro.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 PM

I asked about the hatch and it just needs a latch inside of it which she is gonna go get from the junkyard tomorrow. I know its not perfect, i'm looking for something cheap that I can do some work on and repair some things.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well if you do buy it and find that it's a pile of s***, don't say we didn't tell you so.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 92Cammy
I asked about the hatch and it just needs a latch inside of it which she is gonna go get from the junkyard tomorrow. I know its not perfect, i'm looking for something cheap that I can do some work on and repair some things.
There is still the damage in the back, and 2 motors. Trust me, I was in your position. I had $2600 in hand and it was burning a hole in my pocket. I wanted to buy every F-body that popped on craigslist because I wanted a car. Regardless of what was wrong, Thinking "I could fix that". But then I found a car that was nearly flawless, It was a california owned car till 2 years ago, had an almost mint body, spotless interior, and everything I wanted, and I bought it on the spot. It pays off to wait. I know what youre feelin, you want the car as soon as possible, But you got to hold out.

Quick Reply: Camaro I found for sale looking for oppinions.