93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

3.8 Dying out after cranking =[

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well guys what a long day it has been...I seafoamed the car thru the oil and gas.I was opportunistic cause the car stayed on fouling but mantained the 700 idle speed,which was awesome to see until it then died out.Almost nothing of white some came out,about 3 lazy clouds came out and thats it.Car was on for 15 minutes.

I then did a fuel pressure test and got a consistent reading of 48-50. I think 48-54 fpi is what it should be at ignition primed.However when I cranked the car it started bouncing from low 30's to low 40's.Is that normal?

So guys the next step was the crank sensor! I swapped it with my brothers,same cheetos! I just put mine back. So what I did next was machine saw the cat off(Yes I had a cat. 0_0)Guess what? it was empty,no carbon chunks,only carbon dust,thats about it.That carbon chunk that flew out my car that day must have been from stock muffler than I'd have to guess.

Anyways I cranked the car and same fouling and now it sounds nasty as F***,open header. So I talked to mechanic,he came and he said he was busy but for me to go change plugs,I did! Same bs fouling.Same rich gas smell.Mechanic will come see it tommorow.

However I had this kids from some mechanic technical school come that have a clean as hell 1988 RX-7 N/A that want to trade,they say if im down they're down. They know what's going on likely but ya whatever,Ill see how serious it is tommorow. But i like multiple opinions, so guys I guess the list of issues is narrowing down here,what can be guys what can be?!?!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

MAF sensor!!! Wow...Not traded!Hell I just took it around the block for a spin.Feels hella fun to drive it with open headers lol.Cant step on it cause there is cops and snitch butt neighbors around here.And dont wanna test car too far out until I replace the cat with a pipe.

Tho guys now I am worried why the hell,my car over heated when it was being revved the life out of,it shouldn't have but I do have a rusted radiator.
Im worried I warped the heads! How can I tell if I damaged the heads or piston rings guys,Now that worries me that I think about the abuse it took that day we tried to get it to burn the supposely water in gas . Thanks guys.