93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

1995 v6 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Default 1995 v6 wont start

I cant seem to find out the problem and it seems like im chaseing my self . Problem one fuel pump dont work but works if u jump it car still dont turn over but the fuel makes it to the injectors about 37 psi when pumps jumped car still wont start it . Car will run on starter fulid I need help any one got any ideas

Old 06-21-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Droid

If the engine does not start within 5 seconds, the fuel pump automatically turns off, so it may be that the pump is actually working OK. If the engine starts with starter fluid, the ignition is probably OK, but there is a good chance that the injectors are not being fired. Check the injector fuses, and check that the PCM is actually trying to fire the injectors. NOID lamps would be a good way to test.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 PM

Now the pump dont prime at allnthe only way it will run is if I jump it and the injectors all seem like there trying I used a test light and it flashes with them

Old 06-21-2014, 03:50 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

start checking and testing fuses and relays. fuel pump relay is under the driver side kick panel.
http://shbox.com/1/fuel_pump_relay.jpg

Old 06-21-2014, 06:47 PM

I have aready checked all the fuse and relays they all work I even can make the fuel pump relay turn on and of with a power prob im going to do a node light test on the injectors after that im outa ideas if they arnt fireing idk what jt could be.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:07 PM

No injector singles I dont know what else to try or where else to go from here

Old 06-22-2014, 04:15 PM

Any one got any ideas I tested all the wires from the ecm to the injectors they all have good wires I even tested the vat line going in to the ecm its sending the sig to turn fuel on even the fuel pump relay is get the power but it is not primeing or turning on and the injectors are still not fireing the ecm seems to be geting power and ground but not sure if the ecm is working or if there is something else I should check like is there something the send the injectors sig

Old 06-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by kingmoon2142
Now the pump dont prime at allnthe only way it will run is if I jump it and the injectors all seem like there trying I used a test light and it flashes with them
If you used a test light on the injector connector there is a good chance you fried the quad driver for the injectors. So now you have complicated things because now you have the original problem and a fried PCM.

If we assume the PCM is not fried, when every I do not have a pulse signal to the injectors the next thing I check after the fuse is to see if I have position signal to the PCM. If the PCM does not know the engine is turning then it will not fire the injectors.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:30 PM

I used a volt meter on the injectors and rlly just one of them and it did not seem to chage at all and the sig for the crank is going tho thats the frist thing I checked and im about 90% sure something caught on fire near the ecm looks like all the ac stuff is melted but the ecm looks on and theres no burn marks on it but in other words what I can see is the ecm is geting all it needs but is not sending out the sig to do so cuse my fuel pump is not primeing and the injectors arnt firing like I said before I traced all the wires back I looked for sig in less I reading them wrong but I can seem to find any thing and the pump dont kick on from oil pressure eather

Old 06-22-2014, 07:32 PM

And sure I miss wrote one these things I am not geting pulse sig from the injectors

Quick Reply: 1995 v6 wont start