Stealth Bomber

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 10:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks Bandit, I appreciate it! I think you are correct, that was my feeling after the headlights were completed...

Old 02-26-2013, 03:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Jkeaton,

Here is one good write-up on the wire mod I found....

Finally did wire mod. Write-up, lots of pics. 56k: You're outta luck! - LS1TECH

Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I smoked the tail lights and rear markers in mine. Used the niteshade spray and it turned out really good.

2-3 light coats will make them black when they are off, but you can still see them in the day when you light em up.

I'm happy with them.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Randy,

Thanks for the info, Ill get some Nite Shades when it warms up a bit and get it done.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok everyone, Im just about to put my car back on the rode, hoping it passes emissions this time (and it better with all the new parts!!). I cant wait to get it out and see how everything performs (new tune, lower control arms, headlights, etc) and hope she doesnt have any major issues. I still need to get to the wire mod and the drill mod (aftermarket throttle body) though, hopefully Ill get to those this summer.

I have also been looking at exhaust systems (I am going to do headers/y-pipe at some point this year) and want to know what everything thinks....

I cant decide if I should do Pacesetter Mids (ceramic) to my Magnaflow Cat (just installed) to an SLP LMII or SLP Power Flo (leaning towards the Power Flo with the headers and wanting to drive it comfortably long distances)...

-OR-

Go Pacesetter LT's to ORY (and mini cats) to SLP whichever...

-OR-

Go Pacesetter Painted Mids (Wrapped of course) to "custom" catted downpipes and the Bassani 2.5" True Dual kit (w/X-pipe)? (Link: Bassani 5798RS5 Bassani Exhaust System Dual System w/'X', Dual Rear Split Exit 3inch 2000-02 LS1 Camaro V8 - 5798RS5, Bassani Exhaust System)

Now I understand that its not really "true" duals with a single muffler, but it looks pretty good to me. What is everyone's opinion? I have done a ton of reading and keep going back and forth. My engine is "stock" for now, but Im hoping to do a cammed 355" (383"?) build someday, so Id like the exhaust to be able to handle that as well.

Edit: My main concerns are ground clearence (I am lowered and have a steep/multi-angled driveway), being too loud/resonating/annoying, while sounding good and being realtively simple to install/fab.

Last edited by Black95M6; 03-11-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: text
Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM
4th Gear Member

Are LT legal in your state? If so, you would have to get emission equipped ones. If you can get away with LT, by all means, go that route.

As for the future, the stock cat back exhaust (2.75") is good for about 310-315 BHP. A 3" single cat back is good for 370 BHP. Actual true duals can be a pain, I'm working on installing them on my car, and I've run into a few issues, mainly just ran out of room for what I originally planned.

Your best bet is to check out Youtube and listen to some different cat back exhausts. It's not the same as actually being there, but it gives you a solid starting point.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

3 in cat back is good for anything your gona do. if you can, get the long tubes. mids and shorties are not going to help much.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok thanks fella's, im mostly worried about ground clereance w/the long tubes. I think I can get away w/them as far as emissions. I would have to get them w/AIR and EGR for the look at the least, im sure w/two cats it would pass the sniffer if it'll pass w/one stock. Im really leaning towards ceramic LT's, ORY w/mini cats and the SLP Power-Flo. Whats the opions w/fitment on the Bassani kit w/LT's?

Last edited by Black95M6; 03-11-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Text
Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 PM
4th Gear Member

I haven't seen any issues personally with LT. My Pacesetters tucked up real nice, but I've seen Kooks tuck in better, Craby can say more on that and the catted Y pipe since he has them. Any cat back should slip fit with the Y pipe.

Honestly never hear of Bassani until now....soooo can't say anything.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok thanks, I figured they cant hang much lower than my cat does now and it "usually" clears most things... I appreciate all the input guys.

Quick Reply: Stealth Bomber