Stealth Bomber

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, did you see the bought together stuff. when all else fails use it all. may very well be the evap solenoid is stuck open.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Ha ha thanks Craby, I checked the EVAP solenoid and it seems to seal/open ok to me.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, I figured out the drill mod, I had to take my stock throttle body back off and look at it to determine where to drill (and what size hole), I can say it made any difference in idle.... Im hoping it helps even out the split if anything.

I also installed the factory tuned PCM and failed emissions worse than ever, the H/C's where sky high and I gave up, I filed for an emissions waiver and have a meeting with the inspector tomorrow... hopefully that will be the end of it (for two more years anyway)

Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Craby: Exact article I went off of, I forgot about the piece of copper pipe though, so Ill have to pull it off again to install that at a later date.

Update: I got my emissions waiver taken care off and I think I took care of the reason(s) it was failing also... The RH O2 sensor was very slow to respond, so I warrantied that out. I also had quite a bad "leak" of vapors at the rear of the car still (which I knew was an issue, but could never pin point the cause) and I finally decided to change out the tank pressure relief valve. Well I removed the valve and the hose that connects it to the charcoal canister, the hose was completely stuffed full of charcoal and I had to use a piece of all thread to clear it out. I am hoping that this solves my vapor issue and maybe I can pass emissions next time.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Sorry everyone, havent been on here in awhile, I hadnt really touched the car in months anyway... I had/have became bored with it and was over taking care of black paint, the emissions struggle and some other things... My buddy approached me about trading cars (not an F-Body), so I went for it, I figured I can always twist his arma dn get it back if I really regret it.

Thanks to all for the help and I will be back someday!