Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Overdrive Member

I remember my friend's 1987 Firebird was really windy with the tops off untill we hit about 45-50 and then it was not so breezy but my 1999 Camaro is always windy no matter how fast I go. So Yea I think the 4th gens are more intrusive

Massey

Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

odd fact, but the first quarter mile pass i made in my car, i did it with the tops off for weight reduction, and because it was hot. they told me in the staging lanes to not do it the next run. oddly enough, i ran 15.204@92.24 with the tops off. 15.226@88.98 with them on

Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I haven't been on the forum for awhile. It got too distracting starting my last term of school. I need the time for homework right now. But I got a new alt for Sof, just haven't installed it yet. The weather isn't the best right now. I also picked up new seats for her yesterday. They're out of a 350z, but they're apparently not 'official' Nismo seats...it just says that on them. I didn't think to measure everything though to make sure they fit, so I hope they do. I'm gonna have Case fabricate some brackets for them at some point. I'm not in a huge hurry to get them in there. I can't drive her now anyway. But if they fit ok, then I'm pulling the embroidery off and putting an embroidered patch of something over top

Name:  102_1286.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  44.0 KB

Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Those are some dandy lookin' seats ya got right thur. Haha. But seriously I hope they fit. And that embroidered "nismo" looks a little crooked to me.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

those are nice seats, did you get a chance to get the new seats in yet.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

^Uhm, she said she didn't have the chance to test the fit yet

On another note, great looking seats DR! I was hoping to get some info from you on door panels. I noticed that you covered the top part of yours with leather. How can I do that? How hard was it?

Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Still haven't tried them yet. I can't get a break from the weather. She's currently covered in about a foot of snow and some ice and I don't feel like being out in the cold to clean her off and uncover her. I did buy a whole new set of black seat belts out of a Trans Am. Mine are not black, although I attempted to dye them as a temporary fix and painted the plastics. So I need to take the seats out anyway to install the new belts, and during that I'll test fit one. They are apparently 'Ebay' seats that were embroidered crappily...one is straight, the other one from the pic is crooked. So they're not Nismo seats at all.

Chaotic, the door panels were kind of a pain in the butt. I had originally planned on removing the panel itself to cover it correctly, but found it is plastic welded all together. I don't have a plastic welder (yet) so I had to improvise. I made a pattern and cut it out in my synthetic leather fabric I have. Used spray adhesive and Locktite to secure it while tucking in all the edges under the window trim and all around the panel itself. The corners were the most difficult to get right. Since it's not real leather, it doesn't stretch and form nearly as easily. But it looks much better than the crappy cloth covering.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Take a gander over to my progress thread in the 4th gen section and see the door panels I just now installed. That's what I'm working with. I'd rather them be leather though...

Old 02-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Definitely an improvement

Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 PM

Haha just read through this entire thread, and Sofie looks incredible!
I'm looking at picking up my first camaro tomorrow and will def be referencing this thread
Great Job.

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!