Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:07 PM
2nd Gear member

Sounds pretty mean. And I gotta admit, better than I thought a sixer would. Nothing against your car, I've just heard a lot of sixers that sounded.. bad. But I like yours alot.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

She sounds better in person she has a nice deep tone to her, but right now, she also has an awful tick too To an untrained ear, she sounds similar to an 8...but only at very low rpms. At higher rpms, it's obvious she's not an 8. I can't wait to get her tuned and get rid of that awful cat, it will change her tone yet again...but I have to wit til I move for the cat. Stupid emissions. But I've been piped before by a sixer with some god awful exhaust on it...made me think 'why would you ever pipe ME sounding like THAT?' So I know what you mean.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:30 PM
2nd Gear member

Ha yeah I'm glad we don't have emissions here in the "Skook". So I guess I can add a hollow cat or test pipe to my to-do list. Where do you plan on moving to if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm HOPING...key word hoping, to move to Adams county. Preferably Hanover. York has so much traffic and cops, it's getting to be intolerable. I always have to add like and extra 20 minutes to my travel time just to get through all the traffic. It gets bad. I'm just tired of all the people. But growing up in the convenience capital, I don't want to be too far from conveniences either...so Hanover is kind of like a mini-York. I just want to be on the Adams county side of it. But it all depends on how things go after I graduate from school. Don't know where I'll be working or what I'll even be doing.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear member

I definitely know how you feel. Virginia Beach was awful with traffic and cops. I grew up here in PA so I'm used to small town life. Though I do sometimes miss the conveniences I had in VB. Peace and quiet is worth more to me though. Except I miss having Target 5 minutes away, haha.
Good luck with the move though, I'm sure it will work out. And sorry for going so far off topic, lol.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Haha I know. I work at Target and York has 2 of them, on the east and west side (I'm at the east side now) and Hanover is rumored to be building one...I don't want to be too far away from a Target either. It's pretty much my life...haha.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:24 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

i think the pacesetter y-pipe is 3". im thinking of just removing the cat and fabbing at least a 2.5" mid pipe, or maybe just a 3" all the way with some oval-ing needed to clear the floor where needed. that will really deepen the tone and smooth it out a bit more. a lot of people like to put glasspacks or flowmasters on 6 cylinders. i always think it sounds like garbage. i like the sound of a thrush super turbo or a magnaflow on a 6. and with her larger pipe and no cat, the cam will be even more previlant sounding at idle. my blazer sounds cammed and its not, just the exhaust setup

Old 10-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Mmm cam.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:56 PM
2nd Gear member

I want a sweet cam! But I don't wanna tear my motor apart right now.. I learned the hard way with my Monte to leave well enough alone. Heh. All in time I guess. For now I can just be jealous of your car.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah...I didn't have a choice with mine. Stop now and fix stuff while I had the money and backup vehicle, or let it go longer and blow everything up and cause a lot more damage...the one kinda outweighed the other...And my car is nothing to be jealous of. Remember, v6s are useless.

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!