Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

This was sent to me Via PM, i think this guy needs clinical help, or he works for the shop either one, what a cry baby

Here's to clarify a couple things for you, being that you jumped the gun.

1. Parts take a couple months when you're not first in line to get something like heads modified for the application that you want to use them for. Sorry, I'm not a big shot racer that gets bumped to the front of the line.

2. Congrats on not knowing **** about a car when you look at it. The car is FUEL INJECTED. You can see the fuel rails clearly in the picture genious. Sunoco hood..again you go that part correct. Drag radials, not slicks and pro stars, not drag lites.

3. $8,000 total in parts? You're out of your mind. I got 4k just in valve train, the rear in that car was 5k. I've got $40,000+ wrapped up.

Here's the main issue with what she said. I dunno if you're on any of the other forums, but shop bashing is a big deal. The cars I roll around with range from the low 8 sec to mid 10 sec times. Mine is 8 sec capable and will see low 9s this season. What do you run? What does she run? You think she's ever set foot on a race track? The point is, you start bashing a shop and other people who race will see that, and potentially cost that shop money. Especially when it's over a BS incident.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks, I went to PM to stop posting in her thread. You can take over with the thread jack now.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:43 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

excpet her and i are friends, and im not posting pictures of my car like some people

Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 AM
In the Staging Lanes

This is going to go nowhere. Darling, sorry I came across as a d***, nice car and good luck with it.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Overdrive Member

Why do the trolls have to come out from under their bridges?

I have to agree with Darling here. and for the record I dont know her personally, I only know her from her posts here online.

If a shop or buisness provides you with a service and they give you a delivery date, they need to do whatever they can to make their promised date. If they cannot make that date then it is the shop's responsibility to inform you ahead of time. Repeated delays can and will **** people off and leave a bad taste in their mouth about what ever shop it is. If Pharro said end of the week and something came up that prevented him from making the first deadline, fine $hit happens. If the problem was a broken machine, then until the machine is fixed no promises for a finish date should be given and also the customer deserves a reason why. If someone with a thick wallet comes to the shop and says I am in a hurry and need my engine done now, that is not a reason to bump anyone off the top of the list. First come first serve. If Pharro is so busy that his racing clients are always bumping his walk in clients then he needs to invest in his business and provide machinists and equipment dedicated to each type of clientel. Now I am not saying how he should run his business, I was not there I am just speaking in general terms when it comes to customer service. I have worked most of my life in customer service, starting with "would you like fries with that" to "How are you doing today Dr. Soandso, what can I help you with today" (I work in a hospital managing Dr. computer access and server administration) but you make a promise to a customer you need to keep it at the best of your ability.

Ordered parts taking months to get... Yea I will give you that, custom machine work and what have you can easily do that, were you told your parts would be on your door step in a week? More than likely you were told it would be 4 to 6 weeks. If after 8 weeks and no parts wouldnt you start to get curious why? then 4 more weeks still no part... 4 more after that... now you are four months out for parts that were going to be one to one and a half months out wouldnt that put a bad taste in your mouth too. They may be a great shop but if they dont deliver on the promises, you are going to tell people, you are prolly not going to buy from them again... you see the pattern here. This is what Darling went through and she is entitled to her opinion. She has the right to express that opinion in any way she wants including posting here about her bad experience. Yours was good, Great! hers was not. She will find another shop next time she needs machine work, Pharro will still be there so long as he does not treat too many more people like he did Darling.

Last thing before I get off my soap box. Just because you are in the hobby to build a race car does not mean that this is the only aspect of the automotive hobby. Who gives a $hit about track times if you are into Sound Systems, who cares about body mods if you are into D-derby. It is all part of the hobby and we can each take as much or as little into the hobby as we want, that is the joy of this and any other hobby.

Massey

Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 PM
2nd Gear member

IMO she's not bashing them, she is actually just describing her experience and why she wasn't happy. She paid them her money, if they don't deliver what was promised then she has every right to be unhappy. If the shop is worried about their image they should take better care of EVERY customer. And who cares if she races or not? The point was that she needed a rebuild and they didn't meet the deadlines. Not everyone who is into cars cares about racing. Point is she's worked really hard and her car looks awesome and anyone who doesn't like it can STFU. That is all.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You said it very well Mass, thank you. I never said his quality of work wasn't good, the untimely manner in which it was done is what sucked and pissed me off. We were told continually it would be done by a certain day and it was not. We were quoted 2-3 weeks because of them being backed up. It took 4 weeks. And that was just to clean up the block, cam, crank, and look at the heads. I'm sorry, but don't quote me something or tell me it will be done by a certain day and then it's just not. I am not someone that has the virtue of patience, Case will be the first one to tell anyone that about me. But I was as patient as possible. I know things go wrong, things get backed up, and things just get put aside. I understand that about a business. But don't make excuses or take advantage of the fact that I'm young/female and didn't know a lot of putting an engine together. I do now though.

Haha how ironic, Case just got a call from Pharro asking if the car is running.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by montecarlogrrl
Point is she's worked really hard and her car looks awesome and anyone who doesn't like it can STFU. That is all.
Haha, thank you!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:21 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Haha, thank you!
You're welcome. I like seeing the progress on your car, and of course it's cool to see another girl so into her car since that seems to be a rarity.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Massy & Monte- if you want to look at me as a troll, fine. At no point did I call her car or build junk. If you guys want to get me banned, whatever...go ahead. It sucks she had a negative experience with the shop. No matter what shop is used it's going to happen from time to time and it is what it is.

For those of us who have race parts made, a months turn around time isn't bad. Evidentally I came across as a d*** and things were lost in translation.

However, DK posting my PM in here after I made an attempt to keep further convo off of her thread was low rent. He needs to work on a spine instead of his car.

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!