Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 PM

WOW! I was going to just soup up my 6 banger but after seeing this car I shall repent for my sinful thoughts.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

seems like a thread jack to me.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by craby
seems like a thread jack to me.
How so? I'm not trying to jack the thread. The motor came out decent, apparently she is happy with the car which is good. I'm not part owner of that shop, I'm another customer. Obviously the shop has a part to do with her build, which I am discussing.

If you won't let a board member stand on their own behind their words , without everyone throwing their .02 in, then I'll leave it alone. It's easier that way and the mods won't have to lock everything down and hand out bans. Everyone can go back to staring at their shoe laces.

Darling, I'm glad your car came out well in the end.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

accually i wasnt talking about the shop part, and i beleive i said seems like a threadjack. i was thinking that it was a thread about building a 6 and you were comparing it to a ls1 build and posting pictures of it. dont see the connection.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Cam02ss
You can pretty much put the blame on me for your car taking "so long". I had Bryan busy around that time getting my heads correct(which by the way, had to be sent to T&D in Nevada to have custom rockers made), so we could finally get the car running after ONE YEAR of down time. Want to talk about down time?

It baffles me that you come across as being dedicated to this hobby yet you don't fully pay attention to someone when they are trying to discuss with you what is needed to complete your build? Especially when it comes to parts pertaining to your motor?

Pay attention to this one..it will be another learning experience for you- the special parts that I had to order for my car took MONTHS to arrive after being ordered. This was followed by more WEEKS of calling different race companies to go over clearances, specs, etc. to make sure the $8,000 worth of parts (just in this round of modifications) were 100% correct and we hadn't missed anything. Cars take A LOT of time and A LOT of money. Machine shops get backed up and performance shops are usually swamped.

It put a strain on your relationship? You're in the wrong hobby. You're modifying a car, not making a life altering decision. I'm not trying to be a jerk and would appreciate the mods not deleting this post.

Take a look at my car and tell me why people shouldn't go to Pharro Performance?
Ok, this is something I cannot let go. First of all, I'm dedicated to my hobby. My hobby is visually modifying my car. The rebuild was done out of necessity because the bearings were shot and so were gaskets. My hobby is not rebuilding engines or working on cars, only working on my own and doing what I can on my own. I did not go to school for cars. I'm a graphic designer. That's why I left all the technical aspects up to Case. He DID go to school for that and he DOES work on cars on a daily basis. This was a 100% new learning process for me, so no, I'm not going to go in to something THINKING I know everything about it when I don't. Bryan wasn't talking to me about the bearings anyway, he was talking to Case. And why was I not fully paying attention? Because I was too intrigued by YOUR car.

I don't personally care what you had to order and from where and how much it cost. I was doing a fairly stock rebuild. All I needed was the engine cleaned and looked over. That does not take a month to do. I wasn't happy with the amount of time it took, not the quality of work and I will not give a good recommendation based on my experience there. You might be satisfied on not doing any work yourself and leaving someone have your car for over a year, but I'm not. That's your business as to how you handle your car, not mine. And it's none of yours how I handle mine. I understood the bearings being on backorder, what I didn't understand was the multiple times we were told it would be done by the end of the week and continuously getting 'we haven't looked at it yet' or 'it's not done yet' sorry but that's bad business ettiquet imo.

And yes, this build put a strain on my relationship. There's another factor which happens to be no one's business that also came about during this process. So with the stress of Pharro taking forever and this incidence, it was a huge challenge to get through. I'll just say no male could EVER possibly understand. My car was on a deadline. I was on a deadline. You have no right to say what hobby is right or wrong for me. You don't know me. I was building on a budget, which money always puts a strain on things. According to Bryan, you're single and have a government job, so how could you possibly understand? Simply based on what we were told. And no you're not being a jerk, that's coming off more as being a ****. And I will easily have these posts deleted. And yes, you were highjacking my thread by posting pics of your car in it. This is about MY car. Not yours. Start your own thread about yours and GTFO of mine. I was not happy with Pharro's service with me. That's it. I have a right to not be happy with my service. I don't care what you think about it.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by superduperV6
WOW! I was going to just soup up my 6 banger but after seeing this car I shall repent for my sinful thoughts.
Why exactly?

Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

Take a look at my car and tell me why people shouldn't go to Pharro Performance?

I come off as a bit of an a$$ to alot of the people on here and maybe sometimes ignorant because of it, im glad theres no competition now, aparently im not that bad, your ignorance is incredible.
1. idc where you ordered parts from it shouldnt take months, theres plenty of ways around that unless youre ordering one of a kind parts that are hand made, which you didnt say before so dont try to lie about now
2. how can we see from that picture that anyone should go to pharro? thats all bolt on applications, congrats they can make an ls1 carbed , i happen to know 2 just like that around me and they did it them selves in there garage in a day or two
3. posting pics of the ext. of youre car? congrats you have a sunoco hood, slicks and drag lites,,, cool
4. darling rebuilding her car is none of your concern nor does she need to be talked to like shes an idiot, shes a respectful cool member you just went off on her with 5 pages of nonsense
5. you should probably be in a relationship before you give advice on one
6. That is all, good build darling, keep it up

Old 08-09-2010, 09:40 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

ps. forgot something, you act like 8000 dollars is so much money to drop into a car,,, get a clue buddy, i have 3800 invested in parts for just my tranny!!, if i would have let someone else do all of the work my tranny would be worth more than your 8k but congrats on being a master now that your car was at the shop a year, because that means you have a years worth of building experience right?

Old 08-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Thanks DK

Old 08-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Oh, on an unrelated note, Case figured out my starter problem. I bought a new one and he installed it last Wednesday at work (it's so much easier for him to throw her on a lift to work). Well of course I still had some problems. The old starter was part of the problem, but turns out it had a bad ground. Because stuff got painted, it wasn't grounding correctly and was giving a weird hesitation when she was hot starting (driving for like an hour or more then trying to start her right after. She would hesitate cranking). I ended up buying a new battery cable (only $10, so why not?) because it had smoked when we did the first start up after the build anyway. And Case grounded the starter directly to the car with like an 8g wire. So far, so good. That problem is solved. Now I have leaking heater hoses and a very leaky power steering pump. The problems never end.

Quick Reply: Sofie's Official Engine Rebuild Thread!