93 Camaro lt1 Build, Craby's

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:25 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

heres what i had to do to get the kooks y pipe to fit with the spohns crossmember mounted torque bar with the driveline loop.
had it cut and then streched one side to slip into the other. it not only pulled the exit pipe over away from the loop it shortened the pipe on that side just enough to make a good fit. did not damage the coating and got it done for free at a local muffler shop.
Name:  P4120004.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  55.3 KB
Name:  P4120002.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  67.0 KB

Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i cant seem to get a good recording, this is the best i can do so far.

Last edited by craby; 09-04-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Camera was too far away, it sounds like a 6 cyl. j/k it sounds good, from what I can hear anyway.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Looks good.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

thanks guys. well i opened her up yesterday for the first time. sounds really nice at high rpms. 5 to 6 k is so nice. i am getting a pretty good vibration from the rear at 90 and gets worse at 100mph. so much so that i let up. im going to try changing the rear universal to the flip side and see what that does. will the torque bar relocation cause a vibration like this. im doing a little adjusting to it as well with no difference. trany is still not locking up right for some reason. when i hit 4th it locked and seemed to bog the motor but i think with the vibration it set off the knock sensor. i have the moats stuff now and my daughter has access to a pc so i will be trying either datamaster or tuner pro rt. any suggestions?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:24 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have had the patc level 3 trany in for a while now i like it but am still concerned about the slippage in 1st and 2nd and cant seem to stop this tranny fluid leak at the cooling line connection where it hooks to the tranny. it will go good at wot but less throttle and it sounds like its slipping, sort of. ive had a couple buddies ask if i had lower gears and thats what it sounds like. anyways if im not into the throttle it will lock at about 40 mph in third, i kinda like it, its like having a five speed auto., sounds like it shifts again. 3rd locks at about 70 at wot. i want my 373s so bad. i dont know if it ever locks in 1st and 2nd i dont think so. the tuner told me with the fast setup we can set the lockups whenever i want. rearend and the fast system are the two things i need to do before im ready for the track. one of my back tires is wack and vibrates at high speeds so i think im gona make em go up in smoke. lol. the 2.5 multipication 2000 stall converter is cool. i run at less rpms per mph in od by 100rpms or so.

Last edited by craby; 06-27-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

finally got the tranny leak fixed. put some copper rvt on the threads of the brass connectors for the fluid lines at the tranny. has not leaked a drop sense. put a trans fluid cooler on as well. dropped by the tranny shop and had the old timer take a drive in the car. he told me that the setup i have runs that (like its slipping a little) way and its working perfectly. he was very impressed with the patc job. im now looking at some 373 gears to put in for the short term to see if i like it or want to go higher or lower. could save me some bucks in the long run. im still running rich at low rpms and when cold, i think a tune and the fast ignition should fix that.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

In your previous post you said you can set it up to lockup in any gear. You don't want to lock it up in lower gears, or you'll eventually toast the lockup clutch in the t.c. It ain't made to take the heavy torque or load. That's also one of the reasons why trucks that tow heavy trailers are recommended to not put the trans in O/D.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:56 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yah don is pretty good, he said i wouldnt like it till i got the gears in. i think if i can get it to hook up it will finish off the 10 bolt pretty fast. at wot third has started locking at 60 and that would be fine if i had the 373s but with these gears its doin it before 5k and pulls her down to under 3k. your right it would tear things up fast if it was locked in 1st to 2nd shift. she lets lose just a bit on the shift as is. that power gear helps alot. any suggestions on a good tempariary ring and pinion for a 10 bolt. i was thinkin a summitt set would work fine.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:34 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

its been a long time but i think i can get the gears in without screwing it up to bad. ive done it right before and it took a full day to get it right so i have stayed away from doin it. so, took the plunge and ordered the summit 373 ring and pinion with the full install kit. they will need to last for 6 months so i can make bucks to pay for the 12 bolt. be here next week. also ordered a gatorback belt. stock one keeps squeeling on high rpms. oh yah i figured out what the squeeling is and its not the tranny. so i have a good 700r4 and lt1 that ran but could use freshing up. hope to have block stroked to 383 next yr.

Quick Reply: 93 Camaro lt1 Build, Craby's