93 Camaro lt1 Build, Craby's

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yah wham i was thinkin of having it powder coated. lol. should have got the black one.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:26 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
thats my gear shed for my fishing stuff. 36x40, 16 ft eves, its in back behind the trailer park i have. we keep all my nets and stuff for netting in the loft and get the crabpots ready on the lower area. theres a i beam that runs the length of it with a 2 ton chain wench on it. use to take heavy stuff off the truck. i have a couple welders and cutting torch for mending pots that get busted up. also have crabpot making stuff there, benders to make rings and jigs to set the steel bars to weld into trap frames. now i have a camaro in there with the ffrikn trany out. took it out yesterday and am putting the stock one back in today. gotta send my trany back to patc, they seem to think i installed wrong, yah right, so im sure ill hear some kind of line of crap so they can get out of fixing there screw up. im pretty sure it was something to do with line pressure or the pump was bad. would not grab untill overdrive. acted like the tv cable was set wrong but it was right. i checked it all out the umteenth when i took it out.
toque this is an older pic i took after my fence got blown down ten or so yrs ago.
thanks for the explanation and I'm slow on the uptake, you are a crab fisherman.

I grew up on the water in New England and a family friend kept a rifle on board his lobster boat because divers and pleasure boaters would rob his pots. It's tough enough to make a living fishing that you don't need people stealing food off your table.

sorry to go way off topic but do you have halibut off your coast? I have not hooked into one for sooo many years. They disappeared from New England. Here in FL it's different fishing in the gulf where you go a few miles offshore and still are in only 25-35 feet of water.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:47 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yep. we got halibut here. they stay in the deep water though. the willapa is a nursury so we get baby ones here in the bay but once they get close to a foot long they head out to the deep. usually 30 to 60 fthms.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:30 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ok heres a update. the computer is toast so waiting on a rebuild. fuel pump is toast, wont hold pressure or pump more than 40lbs. i think im going to pull the tank, the way things are going the 93 will be like the 3rd gens and i would cut a hole for nothing. ill let u know if it is. the trany is on its way back to be checked and fixed. put the old trany back in and it seems to work fine. i have found that the flexplate on the lt1 is externally ballanced so the one i have is causing a vibration, have to pull the trany again. sucks. should have looked more into the internally balanced thing. i guess the front is and the back is not. got some 30# red top injectors for it. flow checks out on them, at 42lbs they flow 30. ordered the corsa exhaust today so when i get the kooks set to work right i should be good to go. ill be starting on the old lt block next fall. not sure what ill do yet. torn between stock low compression for juice or stroke and bore for brute force.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

took the tank out, replaced the fuel pump and found that i can cut the hatch so if there is a next time ill certainly do it that way. changed the exhaust as well. got the corsa cat back in there while the rearend was out of the way. im still having problems with the computer, burned my one good prom out and am having problems finding another good one. im lookin at maybe doing a ls conversion. efi seems to make a good setup that is plug and play. switches it to coil on cylinder and gets rid of the opti all together, what u guys think?
Name:  P4070006.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  65.7 KB
Name:  P4070005.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  83.6 KB
Name:  P4070004.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  77.8 KB

Last edited by craby; 04-07-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:07 AM
2nd Gear member

oh man its a good looking car

Old 04-08-2010, 04:14 AM
In the Staging Lanes

it looks sweet craby...on the old block go low compression and juice!! that would be soo sick

Old 04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
4th Gear Member

Looking good! I keep checking back for finished pic's!

Old 04-08-2010, 06:09 PM
2nd Gear member

Agreed on the good looking part! haha. I wish I'd checked this earlier, I could have saved you some time and confirmed the trap door works for replacing the fuel pump, sorry 'bout that.

If you've got the money I'd switch to the ls setup for sure! And if memory serves me, it's now impossible to find proms because GM stopped producing them. So if yours goes out, it's aftermarket or nothing.

And I'd say go HIGH compression and juice, low compression is for boost. Though if it were me, I'd go 12+:1 CR 383+ CI. My dream build is a high comp. 396 afterall. lol

Old 04-08-2010, 07:14 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

thanks all. i can find proms and ecu s just not that work. lol. i may never be accually finished. patc is working on the trany now and are saying they cant find anything wrong. the way its been goin i sorta expected that. got me wondering if the computer is messing with the trany to.

Quick Reply: 93 Camaro lt1 Build, Craby's