93 Camaro lt1 Build, Craby's

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i finally decided on not doing the oil cooler yet. couldnt get it in the stock location without putting the hoses in a tight spot. got a moroso 23782 merlin blockoff and it fits nice with the outlets in a predictable place. teh screw on ones would never come out in the right place. i will be trying to fit it in if i can find a filter mount that cooler will work with.
Name:  P3040029_1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  98.7 KB
Name:  P3040030_1.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  83.5 KB
everything pretty much ready.
Name:  P3040036_1.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  72.2 KB
dropping the body very slowly
Name:  P3040039_2.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  99.3 KB
now i am doing the wires that are hard to get when the motor is all the way in. have the bay bolts in and lifted up enough to get that poor creeper out from under the motor and put a floor jack under it.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
4th Gear Member

Nice!!!

Old 03-07-2010, 08:02 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ok well it runs but will not idle with the mufflers hooked up. seems to idle pretty good without. think i am going to set the lifters with the motor running and see if that helps. it will not start cold without putting the throttle at a quarter or more so it seems like its not getting enough fuel but when its running it smells rich. gona test the tps and adjust if needed. im losing fuel pressure when it sets. 20 minutes or so and its at 0. may have to take the rack lose and see if i have bad injector before i do anything. good pressure while running and with the key on. looks like ive got some trouble shooting to do. i am still having issues with the kooks headers. i guess its normal to have to cut the one crosspipe on the the y pipe to make it fit. i picked up a torque bar with the long tube header style crossbar with driveshaft loop from spohns, kooks y pipe does not like it. if i didnt have a driveshaft loop it would fit fine. the exhaust pipe is hard against it and i mean hard. so hard i cant get the crossmember to adjust over to get the last bolt for it. the transmission shifts though all the gears and i was told that if it does that on first run its working good. the cooling system is working and not leaking and i have no oil leaks so thats good. oil pressure is at 60 and holds there. with the car on stands and carjacks for extra just in case i put it in gear and ran it though the gears a couple times holding the brakes on to give it some resistance and it runs good doing that. im kinda leaning to the injectors having issues. there 30s from accel, need bigger ones anyways, maybe ill try a different brand. get my tune on monday so ill see what that does.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

found the problem with the injectors. pressure was to high. the injectors were squirting when the key was first turn on. a lot. once i turned it down she idles much better. tried to record but can get the sound to come out on the camera i have. still trying to figure out the transmission problem.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Name:  P3100041.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  98.0 KB

Old 03-11-2010, 09:22 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

so ummm...what kind of elbow ya got there? is that trickflow?

Old 03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yah its the natural finish one. my rubber one was ripped and a pain to deal with. this is way easier to put on. i like the way it helps stiffen the rest of the intake. the only thing im not sure of is the divider thats on the tb end. not sure of the effects of that part of it.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:33 AM
4th Gear Member

sort of on topic since it helped with the build

what in the heck is that shop with such a high roof? Is that in your back yard?

I keep threatening that I'm looking for a 4-5 car garage that comes with a house.

I'm tired of the looks I get from neighbors every time I have one of my cars up on jacks in my garage

Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

yeah craby i got a trickflow black one coming to me right now...glad to hear you like it.

torque, i guess i assumed it was a barn of some sort. i'm probably wrong though, lol

Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

thats my gear shed for my fishing stuff. 36x40, 16 ft eves, its in back behind the trailer park i have. we keep all my nets and stuff for netting in the loft and get the crabpots ready on the lower area. theres a i beam that runs the length of it with a 2 ton chain wench on it. use to take heavy stuff off the truck. i have a couple welders and cutting torch for mending pots that get busted up. also have crabpot making stuff there, benders to make rings and jigs to set the steel bars to weld into trap frames. now i have a camaro in there with the ffrikn trany out. took it out yesterday and am putting the stock one back in today. gotta send my trany back to patc, they seem to think i installed wrong, yah right, so im sure ill hear some kind of line of crap so they can get out of fixing there screw up. im pretty sure it was something to do with line pressure or the pump was bad. would not grab untill overdrive. acted like the tv cable was set wrong but it was right. i checked it all out the umteenth when i took it out.
toque this is an older pic i took after my fence got blown down ten or so yrs ago.
Name:  DSC00024.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  38.5 KB

Last edited by craby; 03-12-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply: 93 Camaro lt1 Build, Craby's