2 Girls Fixing a Wrecked 95 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM

Draagonfly, My 94 was/is smashed in the same spot (just much worse) and I was in a similar situation(no money, no way to work, etc.). All in all it cost me about $60 (including beer) to fix it. A few well placed sledge hammers, a low beam, some zip ties and a paint stirrer later, she was back on the road. I'm not sure how bad your daughters car was wreck but keep in mind theres a rather large wiring harness right in the corner (mine's pinch in between crushed metal). As far as alignment goes I can't see you having any issues.

20 hours from start to finish...
camaro budget rebuild Photos by afronippleyo | Photobucket

Last edited by craby; 12-05-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: not needed
Old 02-09-2013, 01:49 AM

Paddy's actually doing pretty well (and Katy is too). We've been checking the tires and everything is wearing evenly so I'm not worried about that anymore (or at least not as much). We recently had to get the brakes done, but that turned out to be a very fortunate thing as the brake job turned into Katy getting a job as a front end rep at the Midas shop we took it to. Her first "big girl" job with full time hours, keys to the store, and everything. I predict that Paddy will probably start getting some serious attention now. You gotta love the happy ending.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Glad to see this work as well as it has. I have to admit I wondered if it would get back on the road, but you two stuck with it and got a good ending!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM

Got a job at Midas because they brakes needed done? Why can't I have luck like that? Haha. Good job and congrats. Hopefully some day ill have a build thread for my POS

Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by afronippleyo
Draagonfly, My 94 was/is smashed in the same spot (just much worse) and I was in a similar situation(no money, no way to work, etc.). All in all it cost me about $60 (including beer) to fix it. A few well placed sledge hammers, a low beam, some zip ties and a paint stirrer later, she was back on the road. I'm not sure how bad your daughters car was wreck but keep in mind theres a rather large wiring harness right in the corner (mine's pinch in between crushed metal). As far as alignment goes I can't see you having any issues.

Got a job at Midas because they brakes needed done? Why can't I have luck like that? Haha. Good job and congrats. Hopefully some day ill have a build thread for my POS
Amazingly the wire harness escaped harm (that is a big one up there). The battery and the metal were really the only things that suffered. Oh, and the radiator reservoir. We found another donor car several months ago that was the same color. We managed to get the quarter panel off, but it was end of the day and we didn't have time to get the hood before the boneyard closed. We were really disappointed about that because it was too far away to go back the next day. At least she's symmetrical again though, even if the colors are ugly. I keep telling Katy to get a can and paint that hood and nose black!

I checked out your pics... that does look a lot like Paddy did! How the heck did you have all that damage and not bust the blinker?! I also didn't realize that's where the washer fluid reservoir is (never looked that close). That would explain why the tank doesn't hold anything anymore. LOL Hmmm. Might put that on the list for the next trip to the junkers. LOL

Last edited by draagonfly; 02-13-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 AM

If she's gonna rattle can it might as well do the whole thing. IMO it would look funky with just a black nose. I already had another blinker housing waiting for it. The previous owner had smashed it on the same corner(just not as bad) and had a marker light from an old pickup zip tied in the hole. I was hoping it would have been smashed but Nooo... My brother parked my car right under an old Datsun pickup. The bumper on the truck was about the same level as my headlights so all the damage was from there up.

I've been thinking about pulling the front clip(firewall forward) and completely replacing everything but I'm more worried about getting her back on the road again. She's currently sitting with a BHG and a toasted tranny(not to mention the tags are about 9 months out).