Vinyl wrap interior write up

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I think I just need to let it cure longer before I put it in the heat... Or let the glue dry more before putting the vinyl on the plastic

Old 07-05-2012, 10:49 AM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Let the glue dry more. If it doesn't dry for the right amount of time before applying the vinyl, the "toxic fumes" from the glue will cause it to bubble up because they can't escape from under the vinyl.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Caz

Just curious, two things. How are your interiors now? And, you should have this before and after'd.

Looks great. Gonna do the same to mine if I can manage it. Black and Red FTW.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Caz
Just curious, two things. How are your interiors now? And, you should have this before and after'd.

Looks great. Gonna do the same to mine if I can manage it. Black and Red FTW.
To be honest it didn't turn out so well. the real flat panels turned out good but after about a month all the stuff with curves like the instrument cover and door panels started to peel off and separate pretty bad. I'm not a upholster so I'm sure it was something I did wrong. Oh well live and learn. I went to a junk yard and got all the dash panels and door panels and just painted them black. It looks a lot better now. I will say that rust oleum paint for plastic works great but I used the satin black and it looks more like a high gloss black to me then satin. But I like it now a lot better. My advice is if your gonna wrap things in vinyl have a pro do it don't be like me and think you can do it yourself lol.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Caz

Originally Posted by mach2mack
To be honest it didn't turn out so well. the real flat panels turned out good but after about a month all the stuff with curves like the instrument cover and door panels started to peel off and separate pretty bad. I'm not a upholster so I'm sure it was something I did wrong. Oh well live and learn. I went to a junk yard and got all the dash panels and door panels and just painted them black. It looks a lot better now. I will say that rust oleum paint for plastic works great but I used the satin black and it looks more like a high gloss black to me then satin. But I like it now a lot better. My advice is if your gonna wrap things in vinyl have a pro do it don't be like me and think you can do it yourself lol.
Sorry to hear it didn't work, but I thought after a month, it would be interesting to see if it start warping or something in the heat of the day.

I will be painting mine, thanks though.