Weird Rear Vibration When Accelerating. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Weird Rear Vibration When Accelerating. Help!

Well drove it to school and back today. Its shaking as bad as it was yesterday. Sea foam made the engine run smoother in idle, but it still shakes when accelerating.

A friend of mine said that he had a similar problem on his mustang and that aligning and balancing the wheels fixed the problem. Could that be it? I am almost sure now its either my drive-shaft, my differential, or my actual wheels.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well thats the word i was lookin for to describe my car. it misfires horribly when i accelerate hard and it shakes and stuff. but when i accelerate hard in second gear on up i get a weird vibrating noise to. maybe the spare tire? someone told me that could be the reason. hope that helps.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:40 PM

Hi Friends, As aleksandrdescribed his problem with his car has kind of vibration. It seems like my Camaro 1997 has same problem. But i am in United Arab Emirates and unable to find out a good mehcanic to repair it since i bought it just three weeks earlier. The dealer of the car is Chevrolet cars her in United Arab Emirates is refusing to to repair any camaro bought from America i don't know the reason. please helo me and tell me what to do with this Jerk or Vibration which i also feel when i accelerate. One thing more when i turn on the dim light at eveing ifeel like the all lights inside and out side of the carare going to turn off like if iacceleratethe lightsgive more light.Please help mewhat to do?One thing more that my car's desh board is broken where to find out?

Old 11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Yea, so I sea foamed my engine - through the fuel, through the vacuum line, and into the oil. Had my wheels alligned. Had my shocks and breaks checked out. And the vibration is still there, and even seems to be getting worse. Now I am feeling it at speeds over 60mph even when not touching the throttle. Ughhhh [:@]

Old 11-19-2007, 03:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

First off, its not wheel hop, wheel hop is when instead of the wheels spinning on the pavement, the rearend actually bounces up and down. When you get wheel hop, you know it. The spare tire? Doubt it. I can almost bet you its your trans mount or an engine mount. The Drivers side mount is a comon mount that likes to break. So, if you have no SES light on, figure it on being a suspention problem. If its not your brakes, shocks, or tires, its has to be something broken in your mounting system of your drive train. So, check your engine mounts, drivers side is $9.99 @autozone. The trans mount is slightly a little more. You wont find the passenger side, the rarely break.