Time to change my oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:01 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Time to change my oil

spartart66 im sry to inform you that, youre a dumbass and do not no **** about camaros,oil or any other thing that has to do with this site well maybe audio but thats for **** that dont go fast sry no offense to audio pple, how bout u just chip ur ****in **** can'd maro and then u wont need to buy oil cuz ya got a chip or better yet go buy some ****in crackerstate...or even better castrol gtx ... and to also inform you nobody in there right mind would even put that in a ****in lawnmower.... maybe you have watched to much trick my truck and seen to many half as commercails to know WTF UR EVEN TALKIN ABOUT, btw i know im an ******* and yeah i know u wish u had a ls1, dont all lt1 owners(former lt1 owner hah) p.s spartart if u cant afford mobile 1 from walmart then idk wat to tell ya ...

and for amsoil that is wat i use in my race sleds and it works great but it is a complete diff motor so idk but i put it in my buddys ford tauris in high school when he ran the car dry on oil and it worked great lmao

Old 01-06-2008, 08:24 PM
4th Gear Member

If im the dumbass then how come i can spell simple words like KNOW correctly? I know plent about going fast and plenty about this site and Camaros... Honestly your rant just made you look like the dumbass... grow up buddy. i got the mobil synthetic i needed so im done with this thread. thanks to every other sensible response.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear member

lol ok watev < opps bet that aint in the dictionary lol ****in *** lol great to hear ya got a good oil only the sad thing is u had to ask wat oil to use ..... oooo ooo ..... oooooooooo ooooooooooooo[sm=itsok.gif] lol

Old 01-06-2008, 09:58 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

i bought 5 quarts of mobil 1 fully synthetic... luckily i found more coupons and got a dollar of per quart...
Good choice [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 98ss4REAL

lol ok watev < opps bet that aint in the dictionary lol ****in *** lol great to hear ya got a good oil only the sad thing is u had to ask wat oil to use ..... oooo ooo ..... oooooooooo ooooooooooooo[sm=itsok.gif] lol
dude you just need to chill... I asked which was better of the ones i was looking at not knowing i had a coupon for mobil... had i known i had that coupon i wouldnt have asked at all... I knew that mobil would have been the way to go but it would have cost me almost 40 bucks (a tank of PREMIUM gas) and with my coupon it cost 28 and some change for 5 quarts. Thanks again banks my oil pressure is nice and healthy and my engine seems to be more awake.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:04 AM
2nd Gear member

ohh, fight...fight...fight [sm=owned.gif]

Old 01-07-2008, 03:25 AM
2nd Gear member

i'm just kidding by the way. check this out http://www.sfrcorp.com/product/14
You can't buy that stuff in any store, and its the most incredible stuff I've ever seen. All you need is 1 ounce per quart of regular whatever kind of oil you want to use. I don't sell it so don't think I'm trying to make money off of it. I have a friend who owns a ranch in Montana, and uses it on all of his machinery, eg. tractors, trucks, lawn mower...pretty much everything. You'll be amazed as to how long your engine will last with this stuff, I just wish I could have put it in my car sooner.

He has a demonstration he showed me to prove how good it works. I wish I had video taped it. Basically he has a little machine with weights that you stick on the end of it, and that determines how much pressure gets put on a grinder type wheel that is spinning against another steel surface. The more weights you add, the harder it grinds against the steel. Turn the machine on without any oil in the little reservoir underneath the steel wheel, and it will freeze up in about 3 seconds. The whole purpose of oil is to lubricate the moving parts of the engine right?

So he used everything from Mobile 1, to the Wal-Mart Supertech brand oil. The results were astounding. Supertech took about 6-7 weights, ran for 20 seconds or so, and then froze up. Mobile 1, ifI recall correctly was the best out of what he tested, but it only took 8 or 9 weights and ran for about 30 seconds and froze up. Now it was time to use the SFR (Superior Friction Reducer)

It took all 20 weights that he had, and didn't freeze up once...and we let it run forwell over10 minutes. Didn't even come close to freezing up, just whirred along quietly. After removing the pan that holds the oil, and running it with just the amount of oil that was stuck on the wheel, it still ran for like 5 min before freezing up, with all 20 weights on. It actually coats the wheel and he has to sand it before doing the demonstration again, or the regular oil will work way better than 6-9 weights. Basically you just add an ounce of it per quart of regular oil (I use cheap Supertech brand, it doesn't make any difference after adding this). He has tractors that are so ancient and so many hours on them they should be blown up, but they're still running like new. Cars will easily go over 200,000 if you stick it in early on. I'm so freakin sold on this stuff that its crazy.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:37 AM

Spartan66:

Well reasoned. I am also leary of so-called "independent" tests, which are commonly paid for by manufacturers. If the independent test site gives positive results, you published them. If not, they are buried. I agree that all lubes will eventually break down, synthetics just last longer beforethat happens. I wasn't here to bash Mobil1; it's a fine lube. I've just had great luck with Amsoil products, so I'm sticking with them. When I bought my first Harley in 1983, the grizzled mechanic at the dealer told me the secret on engine life. Change the oil - often, like at 1000-1500 miles. It's cheap insurance. I think the same goes for cars. Decrease the service intervals - with petroleum based or synthetics -and life will be good!

Old 01-07-2008, 04:36 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah im sure there are fine oils out there. I think my next change im gonna shoot for royal purple.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:40 PM
2nd Gear member

well spartart i use royal purple and the only thing i do notice is i run cooler then mobile one and well the oil is purple and i love the color but thats about it a guy at work told me if u use royal purple you have to stay with it or it will *** ur engine up i have went between mobile and royal so i hope it aint true.... but idk havent checked into it yet...

Quick Reply: Time to change my oil