Sugar in Gas Tank?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 02:04 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

dang i better get a job running a parts store. anyone can do it, lol.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:43 PM
2nd Gear member

So I went back to autozone and asked them if I could use the reader to scan my car since he wouldn't. He still said no, and I asked why. "Because our readers don't support ABS?" What?! I said SES, he then proceeded to ask me what an SES light was...his 3 employees turned to him and laughed. They all simultaneously said "Service Engine Soon". Turns out I was having an evac leak, and I needed a new gas cap. So I bought a new locking gas cap. Woot! Now I just need to find a place to clear the code :/

Old 10-24-2010, 03:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Haha... Autozone sucks. I work for them (not in a store.. I do distribution) and I won't shop there. The manager at my local store was rude to me both times I went in there. Never going back. And normally the people working at every AZ store I've been to have no idea what they're talking about.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:47 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luciora
So I went back to autozone and asked them if I could use the reader to scan my car since he wouldn't. He still said no, and I asked why. "Because our readers don't support ABS?" What?! I said SES, he then proceeded to ask me what an SES light was...his 3 employees turned to him and laughed. They all simultaneously said "Service Engine Soon". Turns out I was having an evac leak, and I needed a new gas cap. So I bought a new locking gas cap. Woot! Now I just need to find a place to clear the code :/
either buy a scanner or disconnect your battery for 10 minutes

error light will be gone if in fact the failure has been cleared

Old 10-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
either buy a scanner or disconnect your battery for 10 minutes

error light will be gone if in fact the failure has been cleared

On OBDII this is not always the case. The most codes must pass the diagnostics routine "X" number of times before the light will auto clear. GM built in a writable memory to the computer that is in his car (about 99+ got writable memory) and disconnecting the battery will not clear the codes in most cases. The scanners should be able to erase the codes for you but I dont know if you want to dare go back into that AZ store again.

Massey

Old 10-25-2010, 02:18 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by luciora
Nah nah nah. I'm not one for revenge but if I wanted to get him back I would take a floor jack, jack up the side of his mini-van and push it over onto its side. But I won't resort to childish nonsense, I'll handle it legally.
no wonder he egged your car. he has a minivan and you have a sick camaro ss. jealousy anyone?